Ch 2- Silent, Not Silenced

(Hime's theme is above, Kitsune's mask by Samuel Kim)

3rd POV

Years have passed since the Rengoku family took in Chiaki Hime, since then, much has changed.

Firstly, Ruka Rengoku passed away due to her illness.

Due to this, Shinjuro retired from the Slayer Corps, allowing his eldest, Kyōjurō to become the new Flame Hashira.

Kyōjurō still trains his little brother, Senjurō, and adopted sister Hime.

Hime.

The Flame Hashira's Tsuguko.

The other Hashira call her The Whispering Flame.

After Ruka's death, the young Shinobi girl stopped talking, unless absolutely necessary, and if she does talk, it was nothing more than a fleeting whisper.

Now, at the Slayer Headquarters, a Hashira meeting is beginning.

Present, is Shinobu Kocho. Next to Shinobu stands Sanemi Shinazugawa. Kyōjurō and Mitsuri Kanroji stand together, Giyuu Tomioka standing away from the others, Obani Iguro laying on a tree branch above them, and the gentle giant Gyomei Himejima standing proudly behind them all.

Two twins, one with black hair, one with white hair, approach the Hashira and speak in unison.

Twins: Welcome Hashira. Oyakata-sama will be with you soon.

Standing even farther away from the others, hiding in the shadows of the large manor, is Hime Chiaki.

Her light orange eyes carefully scan the Hashira, hoping no attention is called to her.

From inside the manor, a third female figure, older than the twins, with white hair, guides a tall sickly man with scars across his face to the Hashira.

Kagaya: Hello my children. Is the sky blue today?

The Hashira bow in unison, even Hime bows from her spot in the shadows.

Shinobu: Oyakata-sama, I hate to sound rude, but why did you call us here?

Kagaya: Well, I have done so, to announce that as of today, more Hashira will join our ranks.

Hime's eyes widen from her spot in the shadows.

Hime: New Hashiras? Who could they be?

Although the Hashira present kept a stoic demeanor, the excitement buzzed of them into the air.

Kagaya moves his hand to his side, where two figures, one tall, one short, were standing.

Kagaya: I present, our new Mist Hashira, Muichiro Tokito.

The smaller figure steps into the light, revealing a young male, with long black hair that fades to teal, and a dreamy far away expression.

The Hashiras look at Muichiro expecting him to say something, but he only asks what the clouds above are called, and then joins his fellow Hashira.

Kagaya then introduces the second, much larger figure to the Hashira.

Kagaya: And now, I present our new Sound Hashira, Tengen Uzui.

In her hiding spot, Hime's eyes widen slightly.

Hime: Uzui? Uzui. That name is familiar. Why?

Then it hits her.

Flashback

Hime: Onee-chan, are there any more clans left?

Haru turns to look at his sister, and smiles at her.

Haru: Only one more. The Uzui clan.

Present

He's an Uzui. A shinobi, like her.

Haru manifest next to his sister.

Haru: Things just got a lot more interesting huh?

Small Timeskip

Tengen POV

The meeting ended, and most of the Hashira left in a not very flamboyant manner.

I was about to walk off, but I noticed Rengoku-san talking to a dark corner.

Tengen: What is he doing? If he's talking to himself, he's not very flamboyant then.

I look to see who I could ask about this, and I find the Love Hashira, Kanroji.

Tengen: Excuse me Kanroji, but why is Rengoku talking to himself over in that corner?

The Love Hashira turns her gaze towards where Rengoku is, and immediately her eyes light up and sparkle.

Mitsuri: He's not talking to himself!

Tengen: Then who is he talking to?

Mitsuri's eyes sparkle and she smiles widely.

Mitsuri: He's talking to his Tsuguko, the Whispering Flame! She doesn't really like the sun, or crowds.

Mitsuri goes quiet, and looks sad.

Mitsuri: Most of us don't know what she looks like. *Pouts* I WANT TO BE HER FRIEND AND HUG HER SO BAD!!!!

Kanroji continues ranting about how badly she wants to know the Whispering Flame, but I wasn't paying attention.

I look towards the dark corner, and I see some movement, for a fleeting second, my fuchsia eyes lock with amber eyes.

A second feels like an eternity, but it did not last forever, and her eyes and form melted into shadow.

Tengen: Who are you, Whispering Flame?