Mysterious Woman

[Annie's POV]

I made my way through the partying crowd. The music was blasting but it didn't bother me because I have gotten used to it by now.

I reach a narrow door in the back where no one goes and it leads me to the elevator that submerges further.

I open the elevator doors and press "Cellar Level" which is the deepest level to this hell hole.

The doors open and I enter the room to see Zeke, Levi, Eld, Oluo, Gunther, Petra, Krista, and Ymir.

"Annie's back!" Cheerful little Krista informs everyone and smiles and waves at me.

"What's the news, Blondie." Zeke takes a drag on his cigar.

I walk towards the crowd on the sofas. "Eren's here. Getting adjusted with the crowd. All seems normal, story checks out. His background info is all valid as well. Nothing wrong with him. Just another newbie."

"Good, good. Levi said just the same. Glad to hear it." Zeke smiled at me.

"That'll be all then?" I raised a brow.

"Anxious to leave, Annie?" Zeke smirks.

"Sorta. I just wanna get outta here. I hate crowds, and my job for the night is done. I'm dying to go home." I cross my arms.

"Even after all this time you still don't like crowds  huh? You're really something, Annie." Ymir shakes her head in disbelief.

"Yea. Things like that don't change easily." I snapped back.

"Try and have some fun maybe. I think it'll do you some good! There's a lot to do here. Lots of people to meet! I know you aren't the social type, but maybe try to unwind You work so hard, you're still young, you deserve to have some free time and be free." Krista suggested.

I raised a brow in confusion.

Fun? Do I look like I have fun??

"Whatever." I turned to leave.

"Oh, and one more thing, dear." I heard Zeke utter.

I turned my head to the side so he knows he has my attention.

"Do be kind to our little Eren, won't you? We can't have you being so cold and harsh towards him. He needs to feel at home and safe. After all, he's one of us now." Zeke's eyes pierce right through me.

"What exactly do you want me to do?" I ask.

"Just don't be yourself that's all. Be sweeter, politer. Welcoming, even. Maybe even get close to him."

"Why would I need to do that? There's other people in the group that could do that too you know."

Zeke chuckles under his breath. "Who? Mikasa? She and Jean are so obvious with their flirtatious attitudes towards one another. Krista has already got her hands full. Pieck is out of the question due to her growing relationship with Mr. Galliard. Sasha doesn't seem like the type to be anything more than a little sister. And Petra-"

"No."

"Huh? Levi? What's that about."

Levi had interrupted Zeke.

Petra turns toward Levi with a look of confusion.

"I don't mind-" Petra began but was soon cut off by Levi.

"Remember that we've got two separate groups. This one, and the group Annie is in. It's already clear that Petra stays with us, is it not? She's got her own job and priorities. Plus she's a much higher ranking than any of those other girls. She doesn't need to get mixed in with their business, she's already got enough on her plate." Levi crossed his arms.

Petra looked down, almost embarassed.

"Ah, well said." Zeke looks at Levi with a face of recognition and then turns back to me. "Don't you see now? You're just the perfect candidate."

"Whatever... I'll try my best. But I expect something out of this towards my own gain, okay?" I scrunch my face.

"Don't worry, we'll get you all suited up." Zeke waved good bye as I turned back towards the elevator and left.

I pressed the "Club 3" button which is the level we were at. As I rise up to the floor, the doors open and—

Boom.

I walk face smack into the person waiting on the other side of the elevator.

I walk to the side of them, completely stepping out of the elevator.

"Who the hell-" I begin.

"Sorry about that-! Annie? Oh."

It was Eren. Great...

"Eren? What are you doing here? Why would you need the elevator? Leaving so soon?" I interrogate.

He puts a hand on his head.

"I could ask you the same. Except you came from a level even lower than those one. Any more levels and we'll hit the center of the Earth." He chuckles.

I let a small smile. It wasn't half bad of a joke.

With no words I walk past him. I really didn't feel like having any interactions with him. My head was starting to hurt. I don't know how people can stay here for hours with ear-damaging music, partying their brains out, and drinking until they forget who they are. That just sounds exhausting, not fun.

"Uh- Hey!" It was Eren again.

I stop but don't turn around.

He doesn't say anything. Although I can't see his face, I can feel that he's trying to find something to say.

"Wanna grab a drink? I've been meaning to try that cherry one you like. I saw you drinking it earlier. It looked good."

I turn to face him.

"Shirley Temple. And sure. I'd love to."

[Admin's Note]:

Sorry chapter 3 was a little short. But next chapter is gonna be full of ships, and going to be quite long! How you're excited!! Thank you :)