Life changes in a breath

Chapter song is Message In A Bottle by The Police 

Bella pov:

The day started out like any other despite the fact that it was actually not freezing cold outside. Thank god for spring except for the allergies and the rain, the humid rain. Well I guess beggars can't be choosers. I did all my normal morning routines, and got dressed in a forest green top, flannel, dark skinny jeans, and some doc martens. I knew it was going to get chilly once the sun set, so the boots and flannel are a must here in forks. I grabbed my school bag and homework off my desk and made my way down the stairs. Where Charlie was making breakfast?

"Hey dad! Are you trying to start a fire this morning.", Trying to make light of the past couple days. See me and Edward have been fighting since I dragged him back from Italy. Mostly about what I can and can't do, and it's been really pissing me off.

"Oh hey sweetheart, I was just trying to make you something nice. I know you've been stressed with that boyfriend of yours lately.", Charlie is always trying his best to make up for lost time.

Honestly I almost cried at that moment. Charlie was doing his best to make me feel loved and supported. Even though we have a hard time talking to each other.

"Oh umm thanks dad I really appreciated it, but me and Edward aren't quite back together yet. The eggs look pretty good and the toast isn't even burnt this time. I'm proud of you.", He always likes to act like he didn't almost burn the house down making spaghetti.

Charlie laughs, "Well Bells, you act like all I ever ate before you came here was fast food and the diner."

Bella scratches her head, "Oh my bad, I just assumed."

"Don't worry baby, I'm not offended that you think I'm a helpless old man. Now eat up. The roads are kinda wet and I don't want you hydroplaning in that heavy truck."

"Speaking of which dad I think I need new tires soon mine are looking kinda bare."

Charlie waves his hand, "I already got you some new hybrid road wheels coming in soon. They will take some time to come in because the trucks got a different diameter than most. Let me know if they start giving you problems, and I can always drop you off. Also, I could have Jacob come and get ya."

"Awesome thanks dad you didn't have to do that. I could have paid for it. I am working now. I didn't want to put you out."

Charlie checks his watch, " Shit, I'm running late I'll see you later sweetheart. I'm working a double tonight so don't wait up." He wasn't running late. He just didn't want to talk about money with me. We both know that he doesn't make as much as he should, but he can't really ask for more in a small town like forks. He is right though. I should probably leave soon just in case.

As soon as I walked out the door I felt bliss and soon after fell on my ass. "Fuck!" Dad was right when he said it had rained last night.

"God damn it. Now my jeans are wet and I don't have time to change." Ugggggggg this sucks whatever.

I tie my flannel around my waist to cover the muddy parts and jump in the truck. "Okay all we have to do is make it in one piece baby.", I put the keys in to start the car and turn.... Okay and turn.... And turn.... Nothing, okay time to call someone.

I pick up my phone and start scrolling through the contacts. So we have Edward but we aren't on good terms right now. Jessica I don't want her to ask why I didn't call Edward. Jacob but he's on partrole till noon. Alice but if I was supposed to call her she would have called me first right?

Rose and Emmet are a no go because Rose hates me, and I'm not getting Emmet in trouble. Carlisle is working. Esme doesn't do cars. Man if only Rose liked me this would be so easy. So that leaves Jasper, but I don't really know Jasper like I do the rest. Mostly because he's a loose cannon apparently. What's one mistake at a birthday party? He's proven that he is trustworthy. Especially after everything with James.