Prolouge

You were in your office doing the case that your chief assigned you to. People were gathering you everytime asking how you are, and that you deserved better. But you were confused, why were people acting weird around you all of the sudden? You couldn't remember anything, but you were sure, they were never like this before. Until August 1, the day you first went to a bar with your workmates in roponggi. You never drinked any alcohol at the bar, other than watching your colleagues drowning themselves with a low tolerance alcohol. While you were getting some drinks you saw a purple haired guy, he was very familiar, he was always familiar, you always see him in the side of your eye. It felt weird, everything felt weird, you always asked them but the only answer you get is "honey, you're hallucinating, please get some rest." Not until the day you collapsed out of nowhere and was brought to the hospital, everything was spinning, pieces were starting to connect like a puzzle.

You remembered that very DAY you were on the verge of death because of that one man. Ran Haitani. An executive in BONTEN one of the worse criminal organizations in Japan. He was your fiance, everything was fine, you both are getting the happy ending you want, but then he became very abusive, to the point he beats you up like he wants you to die, staring at you like as if you're the worst being in the whole world. He was arrested for 2 years but the problem is, you never remembered anything, which was good for you.

But then he started calling you out of nowhere saying "I'm sorry" multiple times. He wants you to comeback, you don't want to comeback, he wants to be with you again, you don't wanna be with him again, he wants the both of you to be happy, you want to be happy.

"Are you happy with the way your life is right now?"

Am I happy? Do I want him to come back? Do I want to be with him again? Do I wanna be happy with him? Do I wanna die with him? What was the answer to those questions? Well I suppose, a small visit won't hurt. You're a detective, you can find out about him and BONTEN easily. And you know his number, which makes it easier for you.

                             Unknown

                                             I know you're Ran.

Y/n?
I'm sorry.

                                                                     Stop.
                                            I just want a simple
                                                         Talk with you.

Of course honey sure
Where do you want
To meet up?

                                                    The back of the
                              Police department I work on.
                                       I know you know where.

Ok.
Seen 10:01am

You were nervous, you were shaking, but you weren't scared, you were prepared.

Time check 10:23am
You were standing at the back with Ran kneeling in front of you "I'm sorry dearie, I'm sorry please forgive me." Ran said while crying "Why did you do that?" You asked him coldly which shocked him, knowing that there's no way you would ever forgive him at this state.The talk was useless, you wasted your time just for him to blurt out countless sorry's. You can feel pity right now, he hurted you, how could you ever forgive that?

"Love me" ...huh? What is he trying to say?
"Hate me" he's probably being funny right now, he's not just a clown he's a whole circus. "Say what you want about me" and that statement shocked you, oh how you wanna yell at him, oh how you wanna put him to jail again, oh how you wanna hurt him for hurting you, oh how you wanna tell him you still loved him.

You clenched your teeth, hands formed on a fist, with your knuckles pure white from your grip "Enough." Ran looked up to you with confusion in his eyes "It's already in the past, stop it." Oh wow, didn't you want revenge? Huh?! Didn't you wanna let your regrets out on him? Didn't you become like this because of him?! Don't want him to see him suffering like how you used to? "Y/n, I promise I'll be better, I'll do anything just to get you back."

"Love me, hate me."