Chapter 22

LOKI POV: 

"Am I suppose to trust you giving me a shot" I asked. 

"You shouldn't give yourself a shot if you are low. Besides I'm trained to give shots" said Sylvie. 

I sat there for a minute. Fine, she needs me alive so she won't poison it. I lifted my shirt up and Sylvie grabbed a alcohol wipe. She cleaned my stomach and pinched the fat. 

"Okay, 1, 2, 3" said Sylvie. 

She put the needle in my stomach. Surprisingly that didn't hurt. I was expecting more pain. Sylvie put the medicine in and waited a second before taking the needle out. 

"See, didn't even feel it" said Sylvie. 

"Ya, thanks" I said. 

I put my shirt down and stood up. We put the stuff away and laid down on bed. I can hear the meteors outside. I will have trouble sleeping tonight. I took my fake leg off an checked my levels before going to bed. Healthy level, finally. But I still can't sleep. What if a meteor hits us? Sylvie doesn't seem to mind. She's fast asleep with her back towards me. 

"Are you going to sleep" asked Sylvie tiredly. 

I was a bit surprised. I thought she was asleep already. 

"How can you sleep? Aren't you worried about a meteor hitting us" I asked. 

"No, the royals need us alive. If they wanted us dead that's what we'd be. But since we are needed alive for some reason they won't let us die. So no meteors should hit us" said Sylvie tiredly. 

She doesn't even know they are her family but she is able to trust them blindly. I trust them it's just hard to sleep with meteors hitting 24/7. 

"Alright get up" said Sylvie. 

I sat up a bit confused. 

"My alien father use to do this trick when I was little and scared of monsters in my closet" said Sylvie. 

"You were scared of monsters" I asked. 

"I was young and Monsters Inc was a little scary for some. Anyway" said Sylvie. 

She had her hands glow and made a illusion appear around us. It was of the ocean. I could see fish everywhere. 

Casey: so that's what a fish is 

You know I had to add that joke. 

"Wow, that's amazing" I said looking around. 

"It will tune out any meteors and last all night" said Sylvie. 

"Oh, I'm actually still on Earth time. I'm not a full alien yet. It's complicated" I said. 

We were silent for a moment. I yawned. I should go to sleep. 

"Hey" said Sylvie. 

I looked at Sylvie. 

"Look at the bunny" said Sylvie as she made a bunny with her hand. 

I looked and Sylvie put her hand on my forehead. I fainted and fell asleep. I can't believe I fell for that look at the bunny. I woke up and looked around. Head ache. I checked the tempad for the time surprised to see 6 o clock. It's morning. I put the tempad away and Sylvie stood up. 

"What the fuck was that" I asked. 

"I changed your body to have more alien DNA so you would sleep better. The aches should wear off" said Sylvie as she stretched. 

"What about my blood sugar" I asked. 

"The royals said they would watch you. As much as I hate them we are both needed alive" said Sylvie. 

She grabbed her bag. 

"Come on, either we need to find a way to fix the tempad or find another way to get to the capital" said Sylvie. 

I got up and grabbed my bag. I put it on with my leg and stood up. 

"Got everything" asked Sylvie. 

"Ya" I said. 

"Good, let's go" said Sylvie. 

We left and started walking. I honestly wonder what the plan is for breakfast. 

"So what's the plan now" I asked. 

Sylvie is walking too fast for me. 

"There is a town near here. We can get breakfast there and look for a power source to try and fry the royals out of the tempad" said Sylvie. 

"Slow down, I only have one leg" I said. 

"Well some of us have a brother to find. For all I know the frost giants might be torturing him" said Sylvie. 

I caught up to Sylvie and we kept walking. 

"You think they would do that" I asked. 

"Maybe" said Sylvie. 

We were silent for a moment.

"So if you're a crossbreed why did you work for the people who kidnapped you" asked Sylvie. 

"I don't work for them. They work for me. They will anyway. It's complicated" I said. 

We walked in silence. 

"By the way I have to ask, don't the royal frost giants have blue in their hair? Or did they not turn you into a royal" I asked.