Chapter 51 Final Battle

June 8th, 2008

The rain that drenched her clothes felt like nothing to her. Her body had grown as cold as her heart felt. She wasn't sure what she was even fighting for anymore. She watched with vacant eyes as her former friends desperately fought against her gain. She saw in the distance as Mikey and Takemichi tried their hardest to reach where she stood but many of her Sinners stood in their way.

Blood mixed in with the mud on the ground where bodies laid motionless. She didn't believe that anyone had died yet but she wasn't sure if that would phase her in the state she was in. She felt emptiness.

Her mind had been a mess. A storm that raged out of control. If she wanted to protect the people she cared about, she would have to face them here. But they would not stop would they? Would she need to kill them to stop them? If that was the truth then wouldn't this all be for nothing? That was why she felt the need to lock away her emotions as they would cloud her.

'You know, Kai. No matter what you do, there will be others like me that want to use someone like you for their entertainment or their own gain. Take Kisaki for example. He is using Mikey for his own gain.' A twisted smile looking down in the alley at the figure bleeding out on the ground.

'Aren't you the one being used?' Eyes that shone like daggers at the sadistic bastard that dared betray her.

'Hahaha. I'm aware. But you got too boring after falling in love. I hope you survive this. I hope you remember what I did to you. Because it was all your fault. You shouldn't have become so weak. You should have always just destroyed like you were good at. Being happy doesn't suit you.' Leaning in, 'And I know there will be others that will take everything from you or Mikey just so they can get the monster. It's either you or Mikey. I wonder who will become the monster that destroys everything. Either way, one of you can never be happy because of that.'

'I-I don't understand...'

A sigh, 'It's easy. The both of you have something inside of you that can rule the world with blood and violence but for that to happen well... one of you has to turn into a monster. That is why I decided to just go along with Kisaki's plan. I wouldn't be able to take Mikey down right now. But you let your guard down when you are with friends. Especially... me. It only makes sense to try to turn Mikey into the monster. It's the easiest. With his dark impulse. His love for you. Plus, with an added bonus that you're carrying that baby... oh whoops. Was.'

'Are you saying it's Mikey's fate to become a monster?' Thoughts of what Take told her about the futures he had seen of Mikey turning Toman into something sinister flashed in her mind.

'Like I said. It's always been either you or Mikey.'

All she ever wanted was for Mikey to be free from this fate. All she wanted was for him to be able to live happily with everyone else. Why was he so damn stubborn? Why wouldn't he just let her go? She was doing this for his sake. But it was all messed up now. And the future Takemichi had to try to stop her.

Fuck.

She turned to Hanma who stood by her side, "Keep them busy for me."

"Of course," he said with a smirk, moving to join the war between 7S and Toman. His eyes shone with excitement as he approached the two males that were the most desperate to get to her.

"Kairi."

Darkened blue eyes shifted to look to the side. Her features did not change as she peered through his eyes.

"Izana."

The male smiled at her with closed eyes, "How about you give up. My brother-"

"Tch," she clicked her tongue, turning her full body to him, "How about I kill you here." She unsheathed her katana that had been on her back.