I V. The respect from a beast.

Next days passed calmly - the guards seemed to be in a better than usually mood, limiting only to calling the young shinobi by names, even Goro decided not to use physical violance, what was a rare thing. Uchiha after the treatment didn't have to work as hard as the others, but still he decided to keep his head down - earning enemies between troupe members wouldn't give him any profits in the future. Despite using fake identities, he recognized few people from Konoha. These were a girl from Yamanaka cloul, who was the contortionist; also an annoying Izunuka boy, who took care of dogs and other animals (not counting snakes, these seemed to tolerate only Hinata's presence, what was a huge surprise for sasuke); and a pink head girl, who used to be one of his fan girls in the past. Only the last one probably recognized in him old classmate, but didn't spare him more than a gaze. It was different than he got from her years ago and all he noticed was... A threat? He didn't mind it, happy that the girl probably grew up from walking after him and begging for any sign of intrest. "One irritating thing less" ~ Sasuke summarized with slight relief, not wasting any more time on thinking about the girl.

...

Snakes.

Their loud hissing spread through as Sasuke entered the tent, dedicated for them only. Izunuka told him that presence of these creatures had wrong impact on other animals, making them act aggressively and unpredictably. That was the main reason why they had to be separated, closed in the dark. The glass terrariums were too small and lack of any basic enviroment needs affected on their health. It didn't surprise young man, who had witnessed the similar fate of tigers, elephants and camels before he came there.
When the bunch of yellow eyes with pupils formed in straight lines noticed following him Hinata, these calmed down a little. Sasuke looked at his companion riddled, sure that her pure aura must affect on animals too. Suddenly, they heard something saying from the deepest parts of the tent:

" Good to see you again, Byakugan princess-ss. You brought there ss-someone. The main dish-ss? "

The voice was deep and harsh, sneaky and powerful, sending shivers through the spine. Uchiha narrowed his eyes and then noticed. It was a spacious reptile house, smartly hidden under wooden boxes and materials. Inside - the most magnificent creature Sasuke had even seen.
That snake was much bigger than its other brothers and much higher than him. Its body was covered with shining scales in colors of purple and blue, the flat head decorated two pairs of spiky horns. The gaze of piercing, green eyes analyzed every move of the unknown guest. It didn't took Sasuke long to realize that it must be their leader.

" Good to see you too, Hiroto. And no, I don't want to hear about eating another snake charmer! " - she stated with firm voice. Sasuke was glad of her protective words. However, It looked funny to watch that timid, delicate lady scolding the huge beast.

" Oi, Hinata. The lass-st one was-ss a prick and you know that too. I don't regret much. " - The snake called Hiroto responded with annoyance.

" A strand of hair would fall from his head and you will start. "

Hinata threatened the animal, coming closer to the glass wall. Two of them had exchanged looks for a moment, until Hiroto sighed and laid it's head on the tail. Sasuke wondered, how the girl gained so much respect from the beast, which could eat her without making a single bite. After a nod, he also stood by the terrarium, feeling snake's gaze on him.

" He muss-st be ss-special for you, if you dared threatening me, Byakugan princess-ss. " - Hearing these words, his chest felt heavy and Hinata turned her blushed face from them. - " What's your real name, ss-special one? "

The dark haired man came even closer and looked straight into animal's eyes, saying:

" Uchiha Sasuke. "