Chapter 1: Eavesdrop

"God damn it." Sarah growled out while leaning back in her chair. "Still nothing. I'll give midnight credit for seeming this chill with her cousin missing. Poor dream is destroyed though." 

"Well, that's no surprise, his daughter is missing." Glitched sighed, leaning back from looking at the tablet being held up by her strings, rubbing her tired eyes. 

"Maybe we should ask our respective sanses for help?" Shadow suggested, Sarah chuckling a bit.

"Yeah, what the actual hell would mine do? No offense to my brother, but he's not exactly the most adept at the whole multiverse thing like I am. If it were maybe a timeline issue, we would be set, but the multiverse? Yeah, not a chance." Sarah laughed a little, shadow sinking a little in her seat.

"Plus, most are already on the lookout for anything that could be causing these disappearances." Cassandra added. 

"Who's exactly gone missing again?" Slash sighed a bit. 

"Star, poppy, hallucination, Samantha, and rose is a toss-up." Sarah said, stretching. "I say we try spreading out, try any find clues."

"I volunteer for Outertale!" Shadow said quickly, getting a chuckle out of glitch.

"Why so quick? Is it because those other aus freak you out?" Glitch asked, sitting up and leaning forward.

"Wh-what, n-no!" She laughed nervously, "Just horrortale freaks me out."

Glitch laughed and leaned back, folding her arms behind her head, "alright, fair enough. I'll go with shadow, keep this little scattered brained human out of trouble." 

"Wha- I am not scattered brained!" Shadow defended a bit, but glitch just raised an eyebrow at her, "alright maybe a little, but I can handle myself!" 

"Uh huh, sure you can. May I remind the group and you how you got lost last time you went to undertale because you have the internal compass and directional knowledge of a fucking rock?" Glitch teased, making shadow blush from embarrassment. 

"Y-you promised to never bring that up." Shadow murmured.

"I'll go to horrortale." Cassandra said, folding her hands in front of her.

"I'll join you," Slash added, "that place is dangerous without someone to watch your back and we both have our experience with bad aus." 

"Childhood trauma gang for the win." Cassandra said, holding out her hand for a fist bump from slash, which she reciprocated. 

"We can make it a trio, I also have childhood trauma." Glitch said, getting a fist bump from both slash and Cassandra.

Shadow looked at Sarah who was deep in thought, her face troubled. She didn't blame her. They had never seen this type of event before and they had no idea what to do. She heard Krista come upstairs from the lab, her hair up in a ponytail, she was clearly working on something. 

"Mind if I steal my sister for a bit?" She asked calmly, shadow nodding, the others too wrapped up in their own conversations to notice as Sarah slipped down into the lab under their house with Krista, "Bad time, huh?" She asked jokingly, but her tone quickly changed at seeing the somber look on her little sister's face, "do you want to talk about it?" She asked gently. 

Sarah didn't respond, just stared forward and to the ground, her eyes dulled over and almost grey looking. She knew this look all too well. She's seen it many times before. After she learned about the timelines, realized her own limited time with her condition, when she watched her and her brothers die for the first time, her first heart break...

Sarah always shut down when things got too intense. She got that from their dad. They weren't born naturally, but they needed some DNA in their little test tubes. Their human appearances must have been from the DNA left from the soul of the human souls they were made from. That was their little theory at least. 

She sat Sarah down and cleaned off her arm before putting the IV in her, hooking up the soul monitor. Ever since their dad went missing, she took over Sarah's treatment. 

"Krista?" Sarah asked quietly, getting a small hum in response as she checked her vitals and got the medicine and syringe for her ready. "Do you think what happened to dad happened to the others who went missing?" Krista sucked back a breath, just barely catching the glass vial before it hit the ground. A cold sweat formed on her forehead, and she took a deep breath to keep herself calm. 

"Wh-what do you mean?" She asked shakily, standing back up, looking at her little sister. 

"There are versions of me that have gone missing." Sarah responded, Krista chuckling nervously.

"D-don't be silly, Fantasy and Midnight don't even have a core in their universe, Hallucination never leaves snowdin, Star doesn't go anywhere Galaxy doesn't tell her to, and Rose and Poppy only go as far as waterfall." She said, trying to keep her tone calm.

"I never told you who went missing." Sarah said blankly and Krista flinched harshly. "You we're listening to my conversations again...weren't you?" 

"Alright, yes I did and I'm sorry, I just worry about you with some of the people you hang out with." Krista said quickly, sighing a bit. "Guess I still have my biases I need to work on." 

"I don't care...just...don't listen into the really serious stuff." Sarah sounded drowsy. 

Krista looked at her sister, Sarah slouched in the chair, looking exhausted, shivering slightly. Her look softened, her expression becoming more somber. She got Sarah up and to an area to lay down and put a blanket over her to keep her warm as she drifted into a semi peaceful sleep. 

"I swear to you Sarah, I will find a way to cure this."