Chapter 1

It's been a year since the war. It seemed like everyone could move on but him. The war was his whole life, it's all he ever knew. Since escaping his uncle's house, and fighting Voldemort was all that he was. He was The Boy Who Lived, The Chosen One, The Triwizard Champion, Master Of Death..... All those titles were what people called him he never wanted all this he just wanted to be Harry, he just wanted to be happy.

In the war, he was the hero. But now that the war was gone. Voldemort and his death eaters defeated, who was he. He felt empty and alone like he had no purpose in life. The pain and the scars from the war were still there. Even though the scars from the war didn't dictate where he could go, they are a constant reminder of what he had been through, of the people he lost.

Since then he found out that his whole life has been a lie. It all started a few weeks after the war ended, he was having breakfast at Number 12 Grimmauld Place when he received a letter from Gringotts. Harry froze in place suddenly feeling very uncomfortable, steading his breath... he reached out with a trembling hand to read the letter. To his shock, the letter did not address the fact that he broke into the bank and rode out on a dragon, but the letter was a formal invitation to meet the Goblin King.

Harry knew that he needed to go, he had to take responsibility for what he and his friends did, no matter what Ron told him. He knew what they did was wrong, but he needed to get the Horcrux and that was the only way, or so he thought. He proceeded to change into a set of formal robes and head out. Strolling through the familiar paths of Diagon Ally, Harry looked around it in absolute marvel. Diagon Ally was back, looking better than ever. People at every corner shopping, drinking, and families out buying school supplies for the new school year. It shocked him how fast people moved on. How could people be so okay just a few weeks after the war? Was this how people were after his parents were murdered? Were they just out living their lives and partying when his life was destroyed?

The afternoon sun, swelling like a golden dome against the blue sky. Once at Grinngots Harry headed towards the closest Goblin Teller.

"Welcome to Grinngots," a Goblin Teller said curtly. "How may we assist you today?"

"I have a meeting with the Goblin King," Harry replied... still not trusting the goblins after Griphook betrayed them and his people.

"Who makes this request, and do you have any proof?" the teller asked.

"Lord Potter," Harry remembered Malfoy once calling himself Lord and it sounded formal, so he used it. Harry then took out the letter and handed it to the goblin.

The goblin nodded and appeared to look something up. After a while, he looked back at Harry and said, "Lord Potter, you may proceed," waving his hand at another goblin for Harry to follow. Harry was dragged through numerous hallways until he was told to sit outside a room.

Debating if he should really do this, after all; Dumbledore did give him the task despite the Weasleys telling him he shouldn't care. He believed he should at least tell them why he did it and pay for the damages he and his friends caused, he probably has enough money for that. He sat there for a few minutes, up until he was asked to come inside.