03

𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗶𝗺𝗽𝗼𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗯𝗶𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗳 𝘂𝘀

❝ 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪 𝘣𝘰𝘵𝘩 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥. ❞

[ landslide zone ]

"shit."

those were the first words kartein uttered when he felt an uncomfortable chill on his toe beans. his body, sensitive to extreme temperatures, couldn't handle the cold, and luck seemed to have abandoned him today. no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't transform back to his human form. whiskers and paws numb, he forced himself to walk, a perplexed worry for jisoo and kayden tugging at the back of his feline mind.

"–s the basis of your plan to kill all might?"

as he moved, his furry ears twitched at the sound of voices nearby. kartein's curiosity piqued at the mention of a plan. the cold, now forgotten for a moment, he focused on the conversation. a person? relief washed over him.

when he saw the origin of the voice, he froze. well, not literally, but the kid beside him certainly was. ice encased half of the guy's body, leaving kartein torn between worry and amazement.

"m-meow." kartein tried to catch his attention.

it sounded creepy, to be honest.

remember, kartein is a grown man who is currently in the body of a cat. hearing him meow sounded like he was some guy applying to be a discord kitten.

"a cat?" the kid raised a brow, watching kartein shiver from the cold.

the world awakener meowed again, and this time, it sounded more pitiful than before. this event is going to scar him for life.

the kid flinched at his guttural meow.

"a sore throat, maybe," the kid mused, clearly deducing the cat's awkward situation. he reached down, picking up kartein with one hand on his stomach and the other supporting his furry behind.