Chapter 1: A Shining Light in The Dark

_____________________________________

My Hero Academia: Hope Within Quirks
Episode 1: "A Shining Light in The Dark"

_____________________________________

*beep*
...
*beep*
...
*beep*

A patient monitor beeps every few seconds. A frequent sound that rings over your ears. Yet with such delusional behavior...

...

"Do you hear me?"
"Psst... Wake up."
"Please, [...]"
"Do you remember anything that happened"

"Wake up!"

That's when her eyes were finally open, though everything in her sight was dark. There was absolutely no form of light to see. No. More like she couldn't see at all. She woke up, breathing heavily as she tried to move, and she could feel herself waking up in what sounded like a bed and do with what little view she could see, despite it so dark, was some very dim light!

That's when she heard the door open.

"Oh you're awake. So glad! How are you feeling? Do you remember anything from the last 24 hours?" a voice spoke to what sounded to be a man. That's on the little girl took note of her hearing closely. Now she's exactly what she remember where she was at.

A hospital room. She was in the hospital though she doesn't remember for how long. And with it came a very sharp pain coming from her hands. Something hurts like if she suffered some stabbing pain of sorts. 

"It's me, Dr. Igarashi. You know. Your doctor. I just came to run some test to see if you recovered. How are you feeling, Matsaki?"

Matsaki... Yeah that's right.
Kiyoko Matsaki. That's her name.

Kiyoko called and turned her head straight to the direction of where the doctor's voice came from as she began to speak: "What happened?"

Dr. Igarashi then gave a look of concern and looked at her before taking a deep breath and speak a bit. "You passed out after you used your quirk manifested at school. Your mom is currently talking to one of the advisors right now so until then, you're sticking in the hospital for a while." He spoke with concern.

"This is incredibly weird. I've never seen a quirk like this."

Kiyoko then looked around and ask a question before she could continue. "Why can't I see anything and why do my hands hurt so much?".

"Well, the paramedics found you and your quirk was so strongly impacted that it did some damage to your sight but luckily it should be recovered in short time. But while we tried to use medication or any healing quirks we had here in the hospital, for some reason, your hands don't wanna heal so we just put some ice over them. But hey, it did calm down the swelling." Igarashi explained further as he decided to write the notes on to his clipboard.

Kiyoko then looked towards the dim light from underneath of the bandages. Igarashi then stares and explained. "Oh, that's the window. You probably can't see it well but if you want, I can remove a part of the bandages that way you can see better." He politely gestured to help with what he could do.

Kiyoko then looked through his direction, tilting her head, as if she was awkwardly confused a bit.
"Hmm?"