Chapter 14

(Author's Note: WARNING! MENTIONS OF BLOOD.)

Liv had helped me up and let the medics bring me to the back. She stayed with me the whole time. Even after Remi came back to check on me.

Miraculously, I don't have a concussion. Although, my nose is swelling up and I have a busted lip. Remi is holding an ice pack to my head and Liv is cleaning off the dried blood from my face with a wet cloth. "Liv, you don't have to be here."

She stopped her actions and looked into my eyes. Like before, I can still see the passionate night we had those years ago. I quickly looked away, which earned a sigh from Liv. "I know, Blake." My name sounded amazing coming from her lips. I want her to say it again.

"Why are you helping me?" Again, I find myself feeling undeserving of this kindness.

Liv shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know. Why did you agree to help me with Zelena and Carmella in the tag team match?"

I want to tell her what I think and how I feel, but I couldn't bring myself to. All I could manage is a matching response. "I don't know."

****

Remi waited until the drive home to ask about earlier. "So, I noticed you and Liv made a good team. After your match, she came back with you to medical too."

"Rem, I still have a headache. I'm in no mood for jokes or mind games. What's your point?" We were facing each other in the car. Our conversation includes softer tones so my head won't hurt worse.

"I'm saying that my eyeballs work and I can pick up on your body language. I know you probably better than you know yourself. You care about Liv. Don't try to hide it either and use the excuse that you hate her. Love and hate are two sides of the same coin. There's a thin line between love and hate."

I sighed, knowing there's no way around it now. "Can we talk about this when we get to my place? If I'm putting myself into this headspace, I need to be in my safe place."

Lucky for me, Remi completely understands and respects my boundaries. So, they waited until we got home. We walked in the house to the usual. Marg waiting for us with coffee and Skylar is asleep in her bed. I went into her room to give her a kiss on the forehead and left.

"Come in my room and I can talk to you two there. I'm sure Marg wants to know this too." They followed me to my room. I shut the door and had them sit on my bed with me.

"Before we start, are you ok? Skylar and I were worried when we saw you fall." Marg immediately asked about my health, which I expected.

"I'm ok, don't worry. No concussion, just bruises. Remi tried to ask about Liv in the car. I wanted to wait until I felt safe in my home." Remi and Marg got comfortable and let me talk. "Three years ago, my boyfriend Griffin cheated on me. I was so upset that I got drunk and cheated back with Liv. He made me feel terrible about it."

~Flashback~
A sudden knock on the door tore my attention away from Liv. "Who's that?" She asked me.

"Probably Remi coming to check on me. Use the bathroom to get dressed." Liv nodded and crawled out of bed with me. I pulled her in for a kiss, then let her grab her clothes so she can go to the bathroom. I found a pair of sweatpants and a sports bra and got dressed. There was another knock at the door. "I'm coming, hold on." I walked to the door and opened it. "Griffin? What are you doing here?"

He was about to respond, but stopped and scanned my body. Shit, he can see the hickeys. "Are those hickeys? Did you sleep with someone? Are they still here?" He barged in, not allowing me to answer.

"Griffin, get out. You can't just barge in here." I tried to be nice about it, but he didn't listen. He never listened to me

"Where are they? Gotta be here somewhere!" He turned to me. "Why would you do this to me? To us? I was gonna come in here and talk to you. To fix things. Here you go and ruin everything." I know he's just upset that I played his game, but this is just the start of it. My heart dropped as I heard the bathroom door open. Liv stopped when she saw Griffin. He growled when he saw she has hickeys that matched mine. "Really, Blake? Her of all people?"

"Leave Liv out of this! She did nothing wrong. It was my idea, all me." I walked over to Liv. "I'm sorry, this is gonna get complicated. Go, I'll talk to you soon. Let me handle this." I opened the door for her. She nodded and left without another word.

"I can't believe you'd hoe around, Blake. Especially with that slut! Im not surprised though. You're so desperate for attention, that you went behind my bad to get an easy fuck." That was the last straw. I stomped over to Griffin and shoved him to the floor.

"NEVER SPEAK ABOUT LIV IN THAT WAY AGAIN!" He looked at me with fear in his eyes. "You cheated first, you selfish asshole. You cheated multiple times. I gave you a second chance after second chance. I was done. So, yeah, I got a little revenge and slept with my crush. So what? You can say what you want about me, but you keep Liv's name out of your mouth. Unless you wish for your pronouns to change to was and were."

Griffin stood up and slapped my face. "We're done, Blake. I'm never talking to you again. Good luck finding someone who will love you. Your parents never did, and neither did I. Just remember, it was you that made this happen. You're pathetic, worthless and loveless. Everyone pities you. You'll never be the best in your job. You'll always be a worthless loser. I wonder what would happen if your parents got word that their daughter Britney cheated on her loving boyfriend with a woman?"

Griffin shoved me to the floor and left me in tears. All I could do is cry and hold myself. One day later, and my parents began another verbal assault. They said the same things Griffin did. At that point, all I could to is hate myself because I believed every word.

"So, now you know why I'm cold and mean to Liv. I thought if I pushed her away, then she wouldn't have to deal with me. I didn't want her to come into my life and think the same things that Griffin and my parents do. I thought I could save her from disappointment and heartbreak. Sadly, I broke my own heart in the process." I looked away from my friends as I felt my lip quiver and tears run down my face.

Marg scooted closer to me. She wiped my tears away and kissed my forehead. "You're not loveless. You're not a disappointment. You are a wonderful person who deserves to be loved, protected, and cared for."