Are You Up For an Adventure?

Sunset walked into the school, muscles still aching from her weeklong adventures. It was a nice feeling. She felt accomplished. It was also interesting to observe how her adventures in Equestria transferred over to this world. What would happen if she were to pull a pony exclusive muscle? If it didn't exist here, would it still ache elsewhere? Sunset took a mental note.

The girls were waiting by Sunset's locker, startling her slightly. It's not that she wasn't used to them being there, she was just normally among them.

"Hey, girls, you're up early."

Twilight looked at her watch. "Class starts in ten minutes."

"Oh," said Sunset. "Must have slept in."

"What else is new?" joked Rainbow Dash.

"How was your homework sesh?" asked Rarity. "Did you get it all done? What class was it for again?"

"Art," said Sunset, confidently, as none of her friends were taking art this semester. "I still have a bit more to do, but I'm enjoying it so it's no problem."

"Ooh! What are you making?" asked Pinkie Pie. "Ice cream sculpture? Gnash painting?  Lollipop diorama?"

"Nothing quite that exciting...or messy," smiled Sunset. "Just some paintings."

"Ooh!" Pinkie cheered again.

The bell rang as Sunset was putting some things into her locker, a tebse silence taking over the group. "Well, I guess I'll see you girls during recess." She smiled.

"Bye!" called Pinkie as she and Sunset began walking to History.

It wasn't long again until school was over, and since it was a short day, Sunset was ready in front of the portal at 1:00pm, waiting for the crowd to clear enough before she went jumping into a statue.

Rarity, noticing Sunset standing around suspiciously, approached her. "Hello, Sunset. I thought you'd be rushing home to get that assignment done this evening."

Sunset thought her words carefully, cautious of saying something contradictory. Unfortunately, she was struggling to come up with a decent lie. "Oh, I just got struck by a sudden moment of inspiration and was...soaking it all in."

"Oh, believe me, darling. I totally get that." Rarity smiled. "I managed to get my drama costume finished last night with Applejack's help so I've nothing on tonight. Do you need a hand with your art? Even if it's just a little company?"

Sunset smiled back. She really was so lucky to have friends who cared about her so much. It's too bad she had to lie to them. "Thanks, Rarity, but I think I just need some quiet time to smash them out. It's my own fault for leaving them this long, anyway."

Rarity nodded. "Well all right. But if you change your mind, I'm just a DM away!"

Sunset smiled appreciatively. "Thanks. But hey, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Of course. Good luck, Sunset." Rarity walked around the side of the building. Sunset was quite convincing but if Rarity had learned anything from her books, it was to never trust a good liar, and something felt shady when it came down to Sunset Shimmer.

Rarity peered around the corner only to notice Sunset was gone. Rarity tilted her head in surprise and looked around. Sunset should have walked past her to get home, so clearly, that's not where she was going. Rarity quirked an eyebrow. The plot thickens.

Sunset jumped out onto the other side of the portal and looked around, sniffing the air. Equestria always did smell magical. She walked through a few doors before running into Starlight.