Chapter 28

"Please say we aren't taking the train." Complained Natsu as we walked through town with our packed bags.
"No, we aren't." Said Erza who was leading the way. "We are taking the magic vehicle." We turned a corner and I saw it parked there.
"Aww man, that it just as bad." Said Natsu.
"Why are we taking that. Wouldn't it be quicker to get the train?" Said Grey.
"You would think but we would have to make several stops to switch trains. It is a long journey so this is the quickest way there."
"But a journey that long will drain you of magic energy." Said Grey.
"I will be fine, now get in." Said Erza. Everyone put their bags in the little carriage.
"I really don't wanna get in there." Said Natsu. Erza then turned around and punched him in the stomach hard.
"Ouch." I said."You guys are mean to Natsu."
"Yeah, it's not his fault he gets sick." Said Happy.
"I am not spending several hours listening to him moan." Said Grey before climbing in.
"I could have used my Troya spell on him." Said Wendy.
"What's that?"
"It cures motion sickness though it wears off after a while."
"Cool, you are full of surprises." I told her smiling. Lucy and Happy climbed in after Grey while Erza got in the front and strapped the SE plug onto her arm.
"It is going to be a little squished in there don't you think?" I asked Wendy and Carla.
"It most certainly is." Said Carla rather grumpily. Wendy looked at me and smiled.
"Can I sit next to you Kat?" She asked. I was a little taken back that she wanted to sit next to me.
"Of course you can Wendy." I replied before picking Natsu up of the floor and climbing into the magic vehicle followed by Wendy and Carla.

It took us about 2 and a half hours to get there. They whole way there we all talked while Natsu groaned in his sleep which really got on Grey's nerves. As we got closer to the town the bad feeling in my gut got worse and worse but I tried to ignore it. I reminded myself that I was with my friends and we had to help the people that loved next down to the town where the monster had taken over. Eventually the vehicle stopped and we all climbed out. I saw that we were outside a town that was buzzing with people.
"Where are we?" I asked Erza who did look a little grey.
"The town that posted the job request we need to get details from the Mayor."
"Erza, let me heal you." Said Wendy.
"No child, that we drain you of magic power and you need that for when we face the monster." Said Carla
"I will be fine Wendy." Said Erza. "Come on let's go." Then she began to walk off. I picked up Natsu and began to follow hoping that he would wake up soon. We got to the town hall soon enough and Erza rung the door bell. A very pretty lady opened it. She had wavy brown hair and big blue eyes. She was dresses in a smart red dress that came down to her ankles.
"Who are you?" She asked with a sweet voice.
"We are wizards from Fairy Tail who have come to accept your job requests." Erza informed her.
"Let me see your guild marks." After we showed them to her she let us enter. "Sorry about that. I am Gwen."
"This is Wendy, Carla, Lucy, Grey, Kat, Happy, the one out cold is Natsu and I'm Erza." Gwen smiled at us all.
"It is nice to meet you all. Please follow me the Mayor is in his study." We all followed her into the Mayor's study. We found a rather old man sat at a big desk. He had grey spiky hair and looked way too small to be sat at the desk.
"Mayor, these people are from Fairy Tail. They have come to fix our problem." Said Gwen. The Mayor jumped down from his big chair and vanished behind the desk. It was really hard for me not to laugh when I saw the tiny man come around to the front of the desk. I saw Grey and Lucy holding back giggles too though Erza of course was easily managing to keep a straight face.
"Thank you Gwen you may leave now." Gwen bowed and left us alone with the very small man. "My name is George and I am very glad you came so soon."
"It was no problem sir but we may need some more details about the job first."
"Ahh yes of course. Well the monster came out of no where about 2 days ago. It devoured the people of the town next to ours. I am worried for my people. It doesn't seem to be making a move and it staying put at the deserted town at the moment however I am not taking any risks."
"Of course not Sir. We completely understand that."
"I want the monster killed. Show no mercy on that fool creature. We it attacked my daughter was visiting a friend in the village. She has met the same fate as the locals there." I felt sad at this news. I new if I was in his shoes I too would want to get revenge for my daughter and kill that monster. I would probably do it myself but the Mayor didn't look like the fighting type.
"We will make sure the monsters pays for you loss."
"I am prepared to pay more than my original 400,000 jewel if needs be." I gasped at the amount he said. Really? That much just to kill a monster. He must have really loved his daughter and he is willing to go to extreme measures to protect the people on his town.
"No Sir. The amount of money is sufficient. We won't be long."
"Thank you, and if you find and survives bring them back here. Thought I doubt there will be." He said the last part quietly.
"We will do Sir." Erza said before we began to leave the Mayor's study...