Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 16) Boggort- Carlo

Things weren't going to be to bad during the Dueling club today. Although fine I certainly didn't want anyone to find out what my greatest fear was, but that was it. Today would be fine, great in fact alongside this I hopefully wouldn't pull any unnecessary attention upon myself. No one should even begin to make me as enraged as Emilio did, for he was in that aspect: one of a kind. Seriously how that irresponsible half wit annoyed me.

And lastly may I add my wouldn't be to bad because I'd see Faye with her full heartedly smile, her gorgeous radiant golden eyes, her soft light brown skin what was always pleasant to touch, her frizzy dark brown hair and lastly her hypnotic scent of flowers and security.

I knew I was getting ahead of myself with just thinking about Faye. Besides it wasn't as if I would ever want to share this with her. Just like I would never want to say "I love you to her." Why would I need to anyways? She knew I would never do something like that, because I didn't want to, so I never would.

Still it was at least pleasant to see her smiling whilst talking with Ruby (her friend) about something, most likely homework as it was nearly the only conversation Ruby would bother to invest herself in. It was either homework or revision/exams either way a subject you would never find me taking pleasure in joining.

"Carlo how've you been this beautiful morning."

Ruby had questioned me but deciding I didn't want to talk with anyone at the moment I blanked her out quite coldly. Like I always did when I didn't want to talk in general or talk about a certain topic.

Easy to pick up on there became a bit of frustration to the red haired Dilectus girl's eyes. Still I didn't care, not even a tiny bit.

Instead I took to leaning against the wall on the opposite side to both Faye and Ruby. Not giving either of them a secound thought because I wished to be left alone that morning over any other morning. For if you hadn't already guessed Emilio had ruined my morning not in the usual way however he had informed me what had happened to both Faye and Ruby during breakfast. Something what had rattled me full of murderous intent towards the boy who had started it all.

So maybe it was a good thing Dueling club was on today, otherwise I knew I wouldn't wait a secound to use Avada kedavra on that insufferable insignificant boy.

After what seemed like ages Professor Castillo finally arrived clacking on his black boot heels as he entered with a bright real smile. Noticing Carlo he beamed with delight.

"It is great to see you have joined us today Carlo, how've you been."

Not wanting to engage in conversation I simply mustered "Ruby has already asked me."

It was true at least. But more importantly it dismissed any starts of conversation. Meaning I could once again just be surrounded by people I didn't dislike but I didn't trust, well except for Faye. Without having to speak a word to any of them.

"As each of you know today we are looking at Boggorts now....." Professor Castillo changed his sentence immediately after recognising Kiaan wasn't there in the Dueling club "now has anyone seen Kiaan."

No I hadn't and for the life of me I hoped against all hope some lunatic of a muggleborn hating scumbag wasn't tormenting him yet again.

"He was leaving when me and Faye arrived, so I suspect he didn't want to be here."

Of course it was Ruby who had replied she was always one who adored the sound of her own voice. She really was beyond annoying at times. Not that Ruby seemed to care in the slightest of course she didn't it was the sort of person Ruby was a goody toe shoes, a teacher's pet, you name it.

"Well in that case Ruby how about you step up and face the Boggort first," Professor Castillo said getting next to the interesting chest what was rattling ferociously guaranteeing the boggort was inside.

"Alright I will then."

Came Ruby's reply as she stepped up, wand at the ready and a broad smile sprawled across her face.

Suddenly, the chest was open and out sprung the deadly horrific boggort what as soon as it spotted Ruby it took great pleasure in turning itself into the most suprisingly thing of all.....a mirror with Ruby's own reflection inside of it.

Why was Ruby's greatest fear her reflection? Was a almost genuine question what appeared inside my mind.

Fortunately it was Faye who asked this question so I didn't have to. Her voice was sympathetic and had tones to it what showed what ever Ruby's reply would be she would attempt to be understanding of her friend. "Ruby why is your greatest fear your reflection?"

With a heavy heart Ruby responsed to this question "Because people are constantly telling me that I am ugly. So over the years I've come to see myself the way they have made me view myself."

What utter moronic dicks if they found pleasure in doing that to an alright bossy annoying individual but still a genuinely good human who didn't bring people down to make themselves feel better.

Suddenly, Ruby yelled out "Riddikulus" turning the boggort into the reflection of her girlfriend doing a silly little act with a butterfly what caused Ruby to laugh and smile. Something what repelled the boggort a little.

Once Ruby stepped back Faye took her place to witness as the boggort took on the form of a smaller concrete rubbed away building known by both of us as Dark Lily Orphanage. A place we had grown up hated and scorned, a place our only comfort was each other, a place I had been beaten senseless by a gang of older boys, a place that reminded us that we were either unloved by our parents or our parents were dead. Lastly it was a place no child would wish to be forced to live inside.

Faye's boggort was understandable to me especially as we both had to desperately hide our true selves from everyone but each other, at Dark Lily Orphanage.

"Riddikulus." The form of Dark Lily Orphanage changed to that of a bouncy castle with a orange, blue, white and black colour scheme the same colours as Salvaguardia's house colours. This caused Faye to laugh sweetly in absolute joy towards the bouncy castle.

Then it was my turn. Three things came to my mind: first my father (then I realised I didn't fear him I hated him), secondly my own death but I ended up landing on me being weak, untalented and owning no magical knowledge what would be the sole reason my father would never come back for me.

So the Boggort took my form but unlike me this version of myself was weak, untalented and held no magical knowledge. It might not of been the best thing to think of but I thought of it when I shouted out "Riddikulus" it was a version of myself but this version was strong, talented and had a never-ending magical knowledge.

Due to the fact I knew I needed to laugh at the Boggort I let out a rich sounding laugh what helped me repel it but before the Boggort slumped back into the chest defeated it spotted Professor Castillo and took up the most abhorrent thing imaginable......

........ a dead Eterna boy who if you gazed upon the boy long enough you would see the striking resemblance of the boy to Professor Castillo.

I witnessed as this took a toll on Professor Castillo who, was by far the strongest Professor here at Salvaguardia, began to allow a solitary tear roll down his cheek.

Noticing this Faye leaped in front of Professor Castillo causing the boggort to change back into the form of Dark Lily Orphanage what once again Faye Riddikulused into a bouncy castle and laughed such a huge booming laugh that neither Professor Castillo (who had previously been crying) and Ruby couldn't join in. Repelling the boggort so far it was now cowering in the chest in defeat. Hurriedly all three of them locked the Boggort up. Whilst I continued to watch them.

"Now I believe that's the end of the Dueling club this morning."

Although by any means I could of fell satisfied with just going off to spend the day with Faye or alone I found myself grabbing her arm sharply, just as she was about to leave with both Professor Castillo and Ruby.

"Carlo what is it you want?"

"A couple of moments with you, is all."