Chapter 1

As she slammed the front door behind her, all she could hear was the sound of blood rushing through her head. She had to get away.
Her bare feel slammed against the hard asphalt causing them to throb, along with the fresh bruise on her face. She couldn't do it anymore. She couldn't go on. She had to escape.

As she reached the park, her pace slowed. She tugged at her faded red backpack, and sat down on a bench. She leaned down to rub her feet, which had started to bleed. As she sat their the wind started to pick up. Long mouse brown hair fluttered in the wind. She gazed upward at the slate gray clouds above. She leaned back, closed her different colored eyes, and breathed in the rain-scented air.

She looked through her duck tape wallet and found that she had enough money for a train ticket. She could escape her foster mother. No, she had to.

As she got up from the rickety wood bench, she rubbed her bruised cheek. She was lucky that she got away before the belt came out. As she walked, she shuddered at the thought of being whipped. Again. Her long skinny legs hugged by a pair of black skinny jeans, and her shoulders graced with her favorite grey shirt with white doves on it.

As she walked over to the old train station, she mulled over things. What was she going to do for food? I mean she could always steal, right? But Elodie wasn't the type to take what wasn't hers... She let out an audible groan as she reached the train station. It was more of a bus stop really, with only one uncover bench on a cement slab, plus people barely used it. She sat down on the bench and stared up to the sky again to watch the geese fly by, there mournful cries penetrating the quiet air. The tall trees surrounding it made it seem more mysterious.

She swung her feet as she waited for the train. Suddenly she heard loud crunching sound. She froze. Out of the trees came a large black dog. No, wolf. It seemed not to notice her as it approached the station. All of a sudden it's bones shifted under its skin. It changed form until it was a human boy. A shifter.

Have you ever felt fear? Real, gut wrenching fear, when it feels like your heart jumped into your throat? That's what she felt as she stared into his face. He had shaggy black hair that covered his soft blue eyes, and was wearing a Pierce the Veil tee shirt with shinny jeans. She recognized him as one of her classmates. He started to say something to stop her from running, but he was cut off by huge drops off rain and the crack of thunder. She bolted. Cloudburst.
.
.
.
.
I probably won't update until summer, but I had a story idea and I needed to write it down or it would get lost in the dark hole that is my mind.

Kiba