Chapter 1

There was a morning chill in the air as the cats in the cave slept soundly, the only things awake being the newly-appointed warriors on their first night-watch. The slight breeze from the waterfall swept the cool air right into camp, yet the only one who could feel it were the three warriors. The sky was turning a beautiful pink and orange color as the sun began to rise, and the clouds  began to overtake the stars.

"Peonyheart, Frostwing, and Minnowtail," a loud voice said, echoing around the silent camp efficiently. The three  warriors turned their head to find the source of the voice, and looked up to see the deputy, Liongaze. Their deputy was a very powerful one, as he was muscular and large, and he sparked fear into many of the Clan's enemies. The tom was almost unrecognizable due to the sunlight, and his pelt blended well with the sunshine and sky. "You may go rest now, Sagestar and I can take it from here. Nests have been prepared for you in your new den," Liongaze meowed, flicking his tail to motion to the Warrior's den.

"Thank you, Liongaze," the exhausted siblings sighed, dipping their heads in respect and relief. They looked as if they could drop and fall asleep on the ground of the cave at any moment. Frostwing was dragging his paws with exhaustion, and Peonyheart's tail was dragging in the dust. Liongaze just chuckled, shook his head, and headed towards Sagetar's den to wake him.

"Hello, Sagestar?" Liongaze called into the leader's den at the top of the waterfall, flicking his ears as he listened for any sort of response. He waited patiently for his leader, sitting down and curling his fluffy tail around his paws. Before long, a shadowy figure appeared at the entrance of the den, and Sagestar padded out, waving his tail in greeting.

"Good morning, Liongaze," Sagestar greeted, giving a long yawn shortly afterwards. He then paused, looking up at the sky and turning back to his deputy. "The sky sure does look beautiful this morning," the sandy-colored leader stated, looking down over the waterfall. "Is anyone else up yet?"

Liongaze chuckled, purring with amusement at the leader. He had been a young apprentice when Sagestar had been made leader. He remembered how happy everyone had been, including Sagestar's mother. Shorttail was in the elder's den at that time, and she had passed away shortly after.

Liongaze had never known half of the warriors that Sagestar did, even though Sagestar wasn't that much older than him. Many warriors had died in what the elders and queens called "The Battle of the Rogues." It had been terrible, wiping out cats coming from all backgrounds. Clans corrupted from the inside, and then went on to corrupt other Clans. WhisperClan was the only Clan that had been generally safe, due to Quietshine, a now fallen warrior, being one of the first to have her prophecy interpreted and going off to retrieve the mystical item.

The queens and elders both told tales of the brave warriors that had defeated an evil rogue who had turned out to be their mother. One cat from each of the Clans had left on a journey, their names being Dogfoot, Gentlestorm, Quietshine, Smokeheart, and Redthorn. They had saved the day with a special stone with mysterious powers. They had received it from, which today still seems impossible, a large dog who had called herself Addison. She had guided them with her immense wisdom, and eventually lead them to the stone.

When Liongaze snapped back from his thoughts, Sagestar was staring at him with an amused look. "Liongaze, are you done drifting away? Cats are up, and we're ready to start organizing the patrols," the leader chuckled, flicking Liongaze with his tail, and calling everyone to gather underneath the waterfall for patrols.

The golden-furred tom flicked his tail back and forth, gazing between all of the warriors that had woken for the patrols. "Redfern, how would you mind leading the dawn patrol? You can take Iceflower, Stonepath, and Goldengaze. How about patrolling the DuskClan and LeafClan borders? Please avoid Snakerocks if you can, Wolfpaw reported a very large adder lurking there yesterday," the deputy stated, nodding to Redfern.