Leaky Cauldron

Archer: "Let me come with you." Y/n: "No." Archer: "I will tell the selkies." Y/n: "Still a no. I can't take any of you." Archer stands in front of the door in his horse form. Y/n: "Fine! You win!"

~Leaky Cauldron, Night~

The Knight Bus fishtails into view and squeals to a stop, centimeters from a parked car. The bus settles and -- tink! -- taps the bumper. Instantly, the car's alarm wails.

~Night bus~

The chandelier sways drunkenly as the bus doors open. The steps groan with heavy feet and a figure appears Tom, Innkeeper of the Leaky Cauldron pub. Tom: "Mr. Potter... at last."

~Outside the Leaky Cauldron~

As the Knight Bus rockets off, Tom and Harry are revealed, Harry glances up and reads the sign above THE LEAKY CAULDRON. Tom drags Harry's trunk inside, then pauses and, with a flick of his wand, silences the car alarm.

~Inside~

Harry trails Tom through the quiet room. The bartender glances up, his gaze lingering perhaps a bit too long. A solitary wizard reads a book while, at his elbow, his coffee cup stirs itself. Tom leads Harry upstairs.

~Backroom~

As Harry follows Tom inside, he finds a snow-white owl (Hedwig) perched atop a chair. Harry: "Hedwig!" Tom: "Right, smart bird you've got there, Mr. Potter. Arrived only minutes before yourself." ???: "Sorry, I'm late. This big boy..." Y/n points to the kelpie in his horse form standing next to her. Y/n: "Wouldn't let me leave without him." A man clears his throat. Harry turns, and finds a Pinstriped silhouette at the window, staring at the ghostly shadows beyond. Harry's reflection shivers in the glass, but the man doesn't turn. Tom takes a position against the wall, fishes a pair of walnuts from his pocket, and -- CRACK -- crushes the shells between his palms. Fudge: "Glad you could make it, Y/n. So, this is the famous kelpie that was giving us problems?" Y/n: "Archer." Fudge: "You really do have a way with these creatures. The more dangerous they are to other, the more docile they are to you." Y/n: "It's based off of respect." Fudge: "I should tell you, Mr. Potter, earlier this evening your uncle's sister was located just south of Sheffield, circling a chimney stack. The Accidental Magic Reversal Department was dispatched and she's been properly punctured and her memory modified. She has no recollection of the incident whatsoever." Y/n: "That's what you did?" Fudge: "I knew you would get a kick out of that." Y/n: "I 'accidently' changed all the clocks to be two hours earlier to make everyone two hours late." Harry giggles the waits. A man condemned. Then Fudge turns. Fudge: "So that's that, and no harm done. (smiling) Pea soup?" Harry glances warily from the steaming tureen of green to Tom, who works a grimy thumb into his gum, and frees a walnut sliver. Harry: "No thank you. Minister... I don't understand. I broke the law. Underage wizards aren't allowed to use magic at home --" Fudge: (dishing up a bowl) "Oh, come now, Harry. The Ministry doesn't send people to Azkaban for blowing up their aunts! On the other hand... running away like that... given the state of things... very, very irresponsible." Y/n: "I would've ran away a long time ago." Fudge: "Please don't." Y/n: "I'd still come to work..." Harry: "'The state of things' sir?" Fudge: "We have a killer on the loose." Y/n: "No. Don't tell me Bellatrix is loose." Fudge: "Why did the first person to come across your mind was Bellatrix?" Y/n: "She's crazy enough to try..." Harry: "Sirius Black, you mean. But... what's that got to do with me?" Y/n: "Don't talk abut one of the only good family members I have like that. Or there will be consequences." Regulus: "Deep breaths, Y/n. Getting angry here isn't good idea." Crack! Tom shatters another walnut. Fudge smiles nervously. Fudge: "Hm? Oh, nothing. You're safe, that's what matters. Tomorrow you'll be on your way to Hogwarts. These are your new schoolbooks. I took the liberty of having them brought here for you. Your as well, Y/n. Hopefully you'll finish your school years here." Y/n: "It's not my fault they couldn't keep up." Harry eyes the stack of books. One is bound by a rope. Fudge: "By the way, Harry. Whilst you're here it would be best if you didn't... wander." Y/n: "I have extra room." Fudge: "You always do. I'd like you to keep an eye on Mr. Potter. The ministry has room 12 booked for you."