Calm Before the Storm

"Thanks again for staying over tonight," you mutter as you hold your door open for Akashi.

It was clear someone had been in your apartment while you were away, but at this point you weren't surprised. The furniture you had pushed in front of the door to keep Sanzu out the night prior was now pushed back to where it was supposed to be. Normally this would bother you, but at this point you were too emotionally and physically exhausted to care. With Akashi here, you felt safe, even if it was only for the night.

"Its been a long day. Go shower and I'll start on dinner."

With a nod, you shuffle off towards your bathroom, leaving Akashi alone in your kitchen. What the hell am I going to do about Sanzu? He asks himself while looking for ingredients in your cabinets. With limited options to choose from, Akashi settles on making just a simple pasta. He takes off his jacket and hangs it neatly in the coat closet before washing his hands and getting to work.

Lost in his thoughts and the task at hand, Akashi doesn't realize how much time has gone by until he feels your arms wrap around his torso and your forehead press into his back.

"I hope it tastes as good as it smells, Takeomi." Akashi's heart flutters hearing his name fall from your lips as your body presses in to his. Tenses to the touch he has missed so much. 

"I promise it will," he says while gently stirring the sauce simmering on the stove. "You really need to go to the store. It's a miracle I found ingredients to even make this."

You unravel your arms from his torso, walking a few steps down to the cabinet containing your glassware. Taking out two wine glasses to pour you both a glass of wine to pair with dinner. "Yeah right. You and I both know I'm not much of a chef. I'll just stick to takeout and booze."

From behind you, you hear Akashi snort tying to hold back a laugh. "Remember that cake you made for me when I turned 16?"

"Don't you dare bring that up." 

"I swear that cake was an assassination attempt. I chipped my damn tooth biting into it. I still can't comprehend how that's even possible," Akashi says, scooping noodles and sauce onto a plate for you.

"I told you not to eat it." You grab your plate from him with a huff and lead the way to your living room to sit down. 

"My beautiful girlfriend worked so hard to bake a cake just for me, of course I was going to eat it. It at least looked pretty."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Thanks for dinner." Stabbing your fork into the heap of noodles, Akashi sits down next to you with his own plate. You look over at him as you chew, noticing the deep furrow of his brow. You wanted to continue your conversation, but you decided to let him think about whatever was on his mind. You two finish eating dinner in silence. Once you both were done, you took both of your dishes back into the kitchen and started cleaning up. You let Akashi know you left out a towel and an extra toothbrush for him in the bathroom so he could go shower as well.He quietly thanked you and left for the bathroom.

You quickly rinse the dishes and place them into the dishwasher. You head into your bedroom and crawl in bed, taking out your laptop to start planning the funeral arrangements for your parents. The combination of no sleep, food and grief caused your eyelids to grow heavy with sleep. You didn't realize you had dozed off until you felt a large hand place itself on top of your head. You open your eyes to see Akashi smiling down at you from above.

"Put your laptop away and try to get some sleep." He removes his hand from your head and walked towards the door to your bedroom.

"You aren't staying?" You close your laptop and place it on the nightstand to your right. He pauses at the door, thinking over what you had just said, glancing back to see you slide your way deeper into the blankets. 

"I don't think that's a good idea-"

"Shut up and get over here." Akashi heaves out a sign and accepts your request despite his conscience telling him no. He turns off the light to the bedroom and makes his way over to his side of the bed and slides in next to you. Once he's settled in, you throw your hand over his torso and pull yourself towards him, nuzzling your head into the side of his body. He tenses again at your touch, not used to physical touch in such an intimate way. Within a matter of moments, he can feel the heaviness of your breath as sleep takes you over. Despite his own exhaustion, Akashi is unable to settle his own anxious thoughts. He needed to tell you the truth about what happened. The last moment he spent with your parents and why he did what he did and he needed to do this before Sanzu causes any more damage than he already has. 

A/N:

 A short chapter just for the sake of updating again. Sorry about my lie to update this more in the new year, but better late than never. I kinda forget what happened in the beginning of this fic, but I'm scared to reread it because I feel like I'll cry and hate it. For what it's worth, I promise I'll finish this fic!