02: Promise?

[Flashback]

"W-wait for me!" Said Yuno as he tried to catch up, but tripped instead which caught the attention of (F/n) and Yuno. They rushed to Yuno in worry.

"Yuno! are you okay?"  Asta asked as Yuno whined, tears in his eyes. Asta held his hand to Yuno and he gladly accepts it, Asta giggled. "Your such a crybaby, Yuno!"  Yuno sniffed as he fiddled with his hands.

"Asta! Didn't I tell you to not say that anymore? Besides, there's nothing wrong with being a crybaby anyways..." (F/n) scolded as Asta smiled a bit. Yuno stayed quiet while (f/n) tried to reassure him, "It's okay Yuno! Asta and I are always here for you, well... not really always."

Yuno sniffed as he wiped his tears away and softly smiled, "Yeah.." 

"Come! Sister is waiting for us." (F/n) remarked as he grabbed Asta and Yuno's hands whilst they raced up the hill. A Red Phoenix was watching them as it smiled, 'I'm sure she'll grow up to be a wonderful teenager. Then I will show myself.'

The three children made it to the top of the hill and had their picnic, which mainly just consist of nomotatoes. 

"How was it?" Sister softly asked, "It's good.. but it's hard." He whined while humming in agreement, still nomming on her nomotatoes though.

Asta cheered, "That's our Sister! You're an amazing cook! When I grow up, will you marry me and cook for me?"  Sister raised a brow, "Father.. cooked that. Would you like to marry him, Asta?" Asta deadpanned. 

"Of course no!  How about (F/n)-chan? Will you marry me?" (F/n) almost choked on her nomotatoes as Asta leaned closer to her which made her cheeks redden. "A-asta, I can't..-" (F/n) answered and he paled. 

Asta frowned and whined, "Why not? Marry me! Marry me! Marry meeeee!"  Sister sighed as her grimoire began to shine while it flipped through the pages, Asta sat down obediently and quieted down while eating the nomotatoes. 

"Asta, it's not possible for you to marry Sister. She's a Uhm.. woman of the cloth. And (F/n)-chan's.. too young." Said Yuno while (f/n) nodded in agreement, Asta furrowed his eyebrows as he said in determination. "I'm not done yet, Yuno! I won't give up, no matter what. I will marry (F/n) and Sister Lily!" 

Yuno got jealous, "You can't marry both of them, Asta!"  

Asta yelled back. "Why not, Yuno?!"

"You can have Sister Lily, but you can't have (f/n).. because I'm going to marry her." Yuno blushed furiously as he said that, Asta paled as he fell. (F/n) softly smiled, 'I'll be looking forward to it, Yuno.' The Phoenix watching them from afar growled, 'You can't marry her Master's daughter, you kid!'

[Later that evening]

"And then, the world was covered in deep.. deep... darkness. Then, the demon tried to destroy the world." (F/n) gulped when Sister mentioned deep darkness, she was always scared in the dark. She could feel someone watching her from the window, it scared her.

Asta growled, "That demon's not gonna get away!.. right?" Sister Lily turned the page and she continued, "...Then, a very brave mage appeared. The mage fought bravely to fight the demon to bring back peace and dawn to the world, and after a long battle. The mage defeated the demon. His light shone so brightly in the world, then. The long, darkness of the night came to an end. And the sun rose again."

(F/n)'s bracelet shined as she looked down and frowned, she believed in the saying 'All villains have a sad backstory. For some reason, she pitied the demon more in the story.