22: rooftop

1:02 pm

Poe started getting worried, he decided he would go to Atsushi's to ask him why they've been skipping class. 

when Poe arrived to Atsushi's, he saw Akutagawa open the door, he was shocked.
why was he there?

Poe pov:

"Akutagawa-kun, is Atsushi-kun here?" Akutagawa nodded then we heard a yell
"Ryuu, hurry up we're going to visit Ranpo on the hospital!!" Akutagawa looked at me nervous
"what does he mean?" i asked, then Atsushi showed up behind
"oh no." he whispered to himself.

i looked at them worriedly "what happend to Ranpo?" i asked "well, you know he's sick.. and uhm.. it's soo bad that we needed to take him to the hospital.." Atsushi said "but you dont need to go, the nurse said he'll be discharged today" Akutagawa said in his normal tone.

"can i come and see him?" i asked, Atsushi gave Akutagawa a sign that i can't but he didnt seem to notice it.
''yeah sure" Akutagawa replied

Time skip 1:25 pm

Atsushi pov:

we arrived at the hospital, i was so dead to yosano if she found out that i told him, i was so nervous.

Akutagawa held my hand "calm down" he said, i held his hand back, he looked at me shocked because i've never held his hand back whenever he held my hand, this was the first time.

i led the way to Ranpo's room, he wasn't there.

we asked the nurse where he was. They said they haven't seen him, me, Poe, Akutagawa went looking for him. 

i found him sitting at the rooftop looking at the cloudy sky. It as just the two of us.

"Atsushi, i wont be taking the surgery, let me have this for once."

"Ranp—" then a sound of door opening

"Ranpo! There you are!" Poe yelled 

"what is he doing here, Atsushi? you have to be kidding me!" he yelled, he was furious

"I-im sorry, he needed to know your situation! I cant let my elder suffer like this"

"I tru—" He coughed blood and many petals, i could see that it was hurting his throat, he fell on his knees. Poe ran to him "I'm sorry for leaving you, please come home with me." He tried picking him up.

i called the doctors, as soon as i saw that he was having struggles standing up.

1:34 pm at the rooftop

the doctors immediately took him to his room, Poe was crying, his eyes were going red from crying. Yosano arrived with a meal for Ranpo
"hey, wh-what happend here? why is he here??" she whispered to me, i explained.
I can see in her eyes she was worried too.

Akutagawa pov:

everyone was worried about Ranpo-san, Atsushi went outside the hospital i followed him.
"Ryu.., i feel like a bad person right now" i hugged him "we didnt have a choice, is he taking the surgery?" he cried on my shoulders "thats the point, he wont take it. Doctors said that they'll give us medicines so that he can last 2 days."

he cried "how about the project? are we going to present it without him? we'll present it tomorrow" 
"i'll ask him.." he wiped his tears, he kissed me not like how it was but it was different i felt his love for the second time now.

next chapter>>