7

Thursday came along and Pietro and Lyla were the only things the two had thought about.

Realizing the feelings they had for one another was a huge step from the fighting, arguing, cursing out, and flipping off all because, they felt like it.

It was terribly confusing but, they didn't try to deny it, knowing damn well they would just be lying to themselves.

This feeling is a lot stronger than the 'hate' they felt towards each other, making them realize, they never hated each other. They just treated the other a certain way one day and it stuck, them believing that this was hate when they were just upset that the other had been mean so, they continued with it and, now, here they are.

Confused.

Quiet.

And stealing glances at each other every chance they get.

-

School was a different kind of annoying today. Flash and his pets wouldn't shut the hell up about how they will be in so much trouble when Tony finds out the have been lying about their internship.

They get home and Lyla throws herself, literally, might I add, on her chair and sighs dramatically.

"My god, woman." Sam shakes his head. "You're being very loud."

"I. Am. So. Ready. To throw Flash off the roof. He will feel pain."

Pietro couldn't hold back the small smile that crept it's way on his lips.

"What'd he do?" Vision asks.

"He's just a huge asshole and deserves to be thrown off a building."

"You're so violent." Steve shakes his head.

"I wonder why?" Lyla, Bucky, and Nat ask.

Hydra, dumbass.

"Raised to be violent." Lyla grins, creepily. "I shall throw the boy off the tower and he shall perish."

Pietro let out a single laugh and Lyla loved it.

"He will be here tomorrow and that will be when I do it. I shall lire him to the roof using Black Widow. He has a huge crush on her. And then throw him off the building. Anyone wanna join?"

Pietro raised his hand and Lyla chuckles.

"One volunteer. Anyone else?"

"You're fucking terrifying." Clint states.

"It's my job."

Lyla throws her legs, again and leans her head back, closing her eyes.

"Psychopath." Sam sighs.

"Yup." Tony agrees.

"Guess what I do to fall asleep?" Lyla opens one eye.

"What?" The men ask nervously.

"I listen to murder documentaries and demon stories. It calms me. Many women do it. Many take notes. Many plan out how they would do it and not get caught. Sometimes they never do."

Lyla closes her eye and acts as if she didn't just make those men shit their pants as Nat and Wanda have to cover their mouths and turn away to silence their laughter.

"Is this true?" Thor asks the ladies and all men look quickly.

"Yes." Nat and Wanda laugh.

"So very true." Nat states.

"What the fuck is wrong with women?" Tony asks nervously.

"See, now, what you just said would create a whole new documentary for us woman to enjoy figuring out which one of us killed you." Lyla points out.

"Shit."

Lyla giggles at how terrified the men are, making Pietro immediately calm down and turn to look at her.

No one but Wanda notices how long he stares at her and she holds down the biggest smile ever. She begins reading his mind and internally screams at the fucking adorableness that is going on in his head.

Lyla opens her eyes and Pietro immediately looks away, making Wanda smile slightly.

Lyla looks over at Pietro until, he looks back at her and her hand flies to right beside her eye as if she was itching it, out of nervousness. Wanda chuckles a bit, having watched that entire scene play out.

Pietro didn't seem to notice her jump and the nerves that are clearly visible all over her body.

She sits up and sits criss cross in her chair, looking up at Pietro through her hair. He had already been looking away so, she was safe to not get caught.

Wrong.

Wanda is still watching.

She sees everything.

They continue to do this, making eye-contact at some point and internally freaking out as they look away.

They end up looking into each others eyes, again but, don't look away. This turns into a random staring contest.

"Staring contest?" Bucky asks.

"Yes." They both answer.

"When did you two start speaking to each other, again?" Sam asks and Wanda throws a pillow at him.

The two ignore his question and Pietro eventually blinks. Lyla throws her arms up in victory.

"Yes!" She laughs.

"Dang." Pietro whispers.

She laugh and Pietro smiles a smirk and looks over at her.

"Haha. Bitch." She flips him off.

"Yeah, haha. So funny." He flips her off, as well.

She continues to laugh with a bright smile and the jealousy that was taking space in Pietro, moved out and ran to Peter.

The others were just happy to see the two get back to insulting each other. It's weird but, they were used to it and enjoyed it so, it's good to have it back.

Pietro and Lyla both knew it was a playful little debate and that's why she was still smiling. Not because she was a sore winner but, because, she missed saying at least a word to him. They hadn't spoke since Tuesday after he called her pretty and it's Thursday evening. That was way too long for them to not speak and they hated it.

They finally spoke, again and it put a little hope in their hearts.