Mothwing x Leafpool

"Mouse dung!" Leafpool cried, exasperated.

There was no more dock leaves left in the herb supply. Over the past few sunrises, her and Jaypaw had been going through a ridiculous amount of dock due to Cloudtail, Dustpelt, Brackenfur and Thornclaw having many wounds to be treated because of a fight with a Shadowclan patrol over the border conflict, once again.  

Besides, she had already been on edge for the past quarter-moon because of the whole Crowfeather incident. She thought that she would have already been able to get over him and that this wouldn't affect her anymore, yet it did. He had brainwashed her into almost abandoning her clan for good, and she knew where her loyalties lie. Just because she had made the choice to be there for her clan, Crowfeather was such an asshole to her! She couldn't get the incident out of her head when he called her a heartless bitch and then strutted away, tail held high, and then mated with Nightcloud as a rebound. But she knew that wasn't true, she knew that she was a good cat who had a true heart to the things that mattered to her most. She shook herself with disgust to get him and his repulsive behaviour out of her mind. Stupid fucktoms!

She decided that the best thing to do right now to clear her mind was to go for a walk in the forest to collect some more dock leaves and get the chance to have some time to herself. It was always meditative to stroll alone in the forest. 

"Jaypaw, I'm going in the forest to-"

Before she could even finish her sentence, Jaypaw jumped beside her, ready to come along. 

"Don't. Even. Say. It. No, it's not because I think you'll slow me down. I'm stressed and want to walk in the forest alone to clear my head. You'll understand when you're my age". Leafpool snapped. 

Jaypaw tilted his head suspiciously.

"Fine!" he huffed before stalking away to the Warrior's den to check on Dustpelt's wounds. 

Shaking her head, she bounded out of the hollow and into the forest. She lifted her muzzle and sniffed the air, her senses filling with the rich smell of prey and dewy leaves and herbs from the Newleaf rain. She quickly identified the scent of the slightly bitter dock leaves, and followed the scent until she came close to the border with Windclan. There were abundant clumps of the herb where the open hilly landscape began. She began to fasten the roots in her jaws and pull plenty from the earth to restock her supply. 

Just as she was pulling a third mouthful of the leaves, a rustling in a bush on the Thunderclan side of the border startled her. Her fur stood on end as she jumped, ears flattened and hissed warily.

"Who's there? Come out now!" she called. 

She let her fur flatten again as she recognised the bright dappled golden pelt of her fellow medicine cat from Riverclan. 

"Mothwing, hi! What are you doing on Thunderclan territory? You just about made me make dirt!" Leafpool exclaimed.

Mothwing sat herself down beside Leafpool, purring amusedly. "I can see that, I thought you were going to claw my ears off. I'm here because I had to come to Windclan to ask Barkface for some goldenrod herbs, it doesn't seem to be growing well in Riverclan territory lately". 

"You could have asked me for some, you know!" Leafpool replied as she nudged her friend's flank playfully.

"I know, I know. But I don't want to stress out your pretty little head more than it already is, do I?" Mothwing teased. 

Leafpool felt her ears turn hot as she looked down at the earth shyly. She had always found her good friend stunningly beautiful with her majestic golden dappled pelt and breath-taking amber eyes. How could Mothwing call her pretty when she was just this unfairly beautiful herself?