Chapter One

July 16th, 2012

After three years of searching, I finally found where my "lost" files were being kept.

For three years, I've desperately searched for anything that could remind me of who I really was. Everything was taken from me so long ago; I can't even remember my own name. I've searched through police files in seven different countries, hospital files, even top-secret files in the US FBI. All came up empty, as if I never even existed. The only thing I could ever find was a "missing woman," report from 1950. All else was lost.

At least, until I found S.H.I.E.L.D.

They have access to things that not even the government have access to. If my files were anywhere, it would be with them. Hydra can't cover all of their tracks. Something was bound be in there that can help me.

So that is where I am now; one of their top-secret bases. It was partially above ground, with god knows how many floors down. It seemed to be still, with majority of their staff being inside. There were a few guards outside of the facility, though not nearly enough to stop me.

I lifted my black hood over my head, hiding my hair and face behind it's fabric, and jumped from the building that I had been watching from. The cloak made a soft rustling sound as I allowed myself to fall. I unsheathed the claws in my black gloves and gripped to the side of the neighboring building. I slid down a couple inches, and began to quickly make my way from building to building, climbing up and down as I went along.

I stopped once I was directly above two of the guards. They were alone, guarding a tunnel that lead directly into the facility. I tilted my head, scanning the rest of the area to make sure nothing else was watching.

Once I was sure that there was no one else in the area, I jumped down onto the guard on the left, slitting his throat before he could hit the ground. The second guard jumped at the sudden attack, and went to point his gun at my head. I swiftly moved under the gun, pushing it away in the blink of an eye, and slit his throat before he could make a sound.

Once I was sure that both men were dead, I grabbed each of their ankles, and dragged them behind a bush. After I hid them decently well, I wrapped my black cloak around my neck and torso, and climbed up to the top of the tunnel, climbing across the ceiling towards the facility.

I passed by many large military vehicles, as well as guards, scientists, and what looked to be agents. None of them noticed me as I moved swiftly and quietly above them. Once I made it to the main building, I quickly and quietly dropped down in front of the door, directly behind a woman in a black agent suit, and swiftly entered the building before anyone noticed I was there.

The first thing I noticed was the camera. I quickly jumped up, grabbed it, and yanked it out of the wall as I came back down. There are likely many of those left, so I will need to work quickly if I'm going to make it to where I need to be without a blood bath.

I sprinted down the halls, jumping up onto the walls and the ceiling to stay out of sight from the cameras. I heard a group of guards marching towards me from a few halls down, and quickly jumped into a room on the right to hide from them as they ran by. The room looked to be a mini lab, only containing testing tubes, a microscope, a few lab tables and shelves, sticky notes, and a computer. I wasn't going to find any files in here.

Once the guards passed, I jumped back up to the ceiling and began to climb my way through the halls once again. There were no signs to tell me where I was going, so I was going to have to find it on my own.

There were no alarms going off just yet, indicating that I have time to search. I continued down the halls, occasionally stopping by room after room as I went along. None of them contained any files, only lab supplies and chemicals.