No Communication, No (Yes) Love

Ahhh, to be in my apartment relaxing and playing some cod zombies. Actually it was kind of stressful at first, getting some bad luck on the mystery box for the ray gun, and I was on round 51 when I started going for it! So I believe it should have a higher chance to give it...

Regardless, I'm still having a good time. Soon, my phone goes off, indicating a text message.

I pause the game and take a look at who messaged me on LINE.

Ah, it was from my neighbor, Chizuru Ichinose. We're good friends, we first met when I moved in here a few months ago. I actually saw her come back to her apartment, having been dressed for a date.

She's admitted to me that she's a rental girlfriend when I noticed her on Diamond, a rental service. The app was advertised to me incessantly for some reason, so I decided to give it a peek. Noticing how a Chizuru Mizuhara looked similar to her, I decided to ask her about it. Initally she tried playing it off, but ended up saying the truth. I never judged her for it, it's her choice on what to do. Plus it helps her practice for wanting to become an actress.

Chizuru: Meet me outside, I have something that I'd like your help with.

Wonder what it is? Let's go on and find out.

"Hey Chizuru-san." I greet her once I exited the front door as I spot her waiting for me.

"Sorry for calling you out here so late, Wyatt-kun."

"Oh it's no problem, what was it you need help with?" I ask her as she leans onto the guardrail.

"So as you already know I'm a rental girlfriend right." I nod as to prompt her to continue "Well, there's this girl that I'd like you rent."

I furrow my brow in confusion so I ask her to elaborate

"She just started recently so I'm her mentor. The issue is; she's really shy. It's to the point that we're receiving overwhelmingly negative reviews from customers." She explains

"Hmm... I see." I nodded. It's strange to hear a rental girlfriend being genuinely shy. Perhaps she took this job to help with her social anxiety?

"I figured I'd ask you to help her with her social anxiety as I trust you. Of course we won't ask you to pay, she'd probably be more comfortable if it's considered practice."

"I've no issue with helping her. When is the practice date? I should have free time tomorrow if that will work."

"Hmm..." She thinks for a moment "Yeah tomorrow should work, but I'll have to contact her first and let her know that you agreed and see what time works for her."

"Alrighty, let me know when she's ready then. Oh, can I ask for her name?"

"Her name is Sumi Sakurasawa. Thank you for lending your help, I know you'll be able to help her. Goodnight, Wyatt-kun." She bids me goodnight to which I do the same and we head back to our respective apartment.

I quickly resume the carnage. I used the MP5 with shatter blast on the pile of zombies spawning at once and switch to the ray gun to finish charging the ring of fire and activate.