Chapter 2: Kidnapped and First Crush

Downtown

6:32 A.M EDT

September 21, 2009

Manhattan, New York

Two weeks had gone by since I had first met Tony, Pepper and Rhodey and we had gotten close, they are amazing people. I couldn't ask for better people for me to hangout with. I had even started walking to school with them. It felt good to be included. Maria would still check up on me and she smiled when I told her about Tony, Rhodey and Pepper. She was like a mom to me, she acted like my guardian, under Fury's orders to keep tabs on me.

Pepper and I became really close, she was really chatty and at first I found it odd but I soon learned to love it, we could talk about anything for hours. Well more like she could talk about anything for hours while I just listen. She was kind of into gossip and she would often try to pry into my life, mainly my romantic life. I've never dated anyone in my entire life, I haven't even had my first kiss, I even told her this but she mainly wanted to know if I had a crush on anyone which I told her no.

One thing I learned while being here is about Iron Man, I knew of him but I hadn't actually ever seen him before. Everyone seemed to love him which I could understand. I respected him and his devotion to help people.

I started walking with Tony and Rhodey to school, we were actually close to each other. They just lived a few blocks from me. We would walk to school and home. Tony was incredibly smart and was like some kind of inventor. He was also really rich and the heir to Stark international after him and his dad got into a plane crash and his dad ended up passing away but he could take the company because of his age, he was only 16 and he had to wait till he was 18 years old. A powerful man named Obadiah Stane took over the company and Tony hated it. Pepper claims that Obadiah had something to do with his dad's death. That seemed to fuel Tony's obsession on taking down Stane.

Normally when I would walk to school, both Tony and Rhodey would be there waiting for me then we'd start walking. I waved at them as I approached "Hey guys" I said with a smile. They smiled back at me "Hey Em" Tony said and we started walking. They began talking about how Tony went to go see a expert on Chinese artifacts. "So the stepson said this guy Zhang was out of the country" Tony explained.

He signed "all of the contacts listed in my dad's notes are turning up a big zero". Rhodey turned to Tony and asked "So you don't know what the rings are or who the Mandarin is, good start" he finished sarcastically. The Mandarin was some kind of Chinese ruler that had these magical rings called "the Muklran rings" that had some kind of magic abilities to them. We were approaching the school. "I was never great at research" Tony said " I always just invented anything I needed".

"Hey, I hear scientists have developed these amazing things that tell you about ancient history, They're called books" Rhodey joked. Tony raised his hand as if to smack him but he lowered it and mumbled "I hate research".

"I could help you, y'know?" I reminded Tony "It shouldn't be to hard". Tony smiles at me "Thanks at least someone wants to help me" He turns to Rhodey and gives him a glare. Rhodey just rolls his eyes at him.

───※ ·❆· ※───

Tomorrow Academy

6:50 A.M EDT

September 21, 2009

Manhattan, New York

Me and Tony enter the library and got to work. We go through books upon books, I helped mainly, I would get a book and make a pile that Tony carried. It was actually a heavy pile, I offered to help carry some but he just told me that he got it and we walked into class with a lot of books.