o n e

* Evelyn *

Yup that's me, Evelyn louise Routledge. Your usual,typical, troublemaking teenager. And here's some things about me I guess.
I'm 16 and grew up in the Outer Banks with my dad, my sister Madison, and my brother John b. I have a close relationship with my siblings and to be honest I don't really know where i'd be without them. In case you were wondering, yeah me maddie and john b are actually triplets! We just arnt identical! Cool right?
My mom left when I was really young so I can't really remember her. Last time I heard I think she was in colorado?? Anyways.

These last few months have been pretty hard. My dad went missing at sea around nine months ago looking for a shipwreck. I mean, who goes missing at sea these days? It's so random.

I miss him.

We all do.

I currently live in an old fish shack on the marsh with Madison and John b, the chateau as my dad used to call it. I like it here. Even though my dad isn't here to fill the air with laughter, I love hanging out with my friends and making this our little hangout spot.

Three months after my dad went missing he was officially presumed dead. Me, Maddie, and John b refused to sign the papers. Until we see a body, there's no way we are giving up.

I like surfing, new clothes, boat rides, beer, and most of the things a typical teenage girl would like. So I guess that's it! Now, time to meet the crew.

Let's start off with the island:

We have two sides of this island. Firstly we have
figure eight, the rich side of the island. Home of the kooks. Yeah let's not talk about them right now.

And then we have the south side, also known as the cut. Home of the working class who make a living busting tables, washing yachts, running charters. The natural habitat of.........the pogues! That's us!

Okay so the downside of pogue life is pretty straight forward. We're ignored and neglected.
but the upside of pogue life? We're ignored and neglected. Which means we can do whatever we want whenever we want.

So yeah that's the island part of it! Now let me explain everyone.

First off we got my sister! Madison louise Routledge. Like I said before, me and Maddie have a very close relationship and most of the time we have the best time of our lives together. She's the type of girl who's OBSESSED with summer, just like the rest of us! Anklets, bracelets, necklaces, rings, earrings and a bunch more jewellery shit, you'll find in Madison's closet. I love stealing Maddies stuff, but don't tell her I said that....
She loves animals, taking pictures, hanging out with everyone, parties, late night swims, bike rides. She loves everything really. Apart from the kooks....yeah we don't like them. Too rich, and selfish for us. But yeah, that's my sister!

Okay next we got my brother, John Booker Routledge. In case you were wondering, John b was named after my dad so that's why we add the 'b' on the end so we don't get too confused. Ever since my dad went missing I could tell my brother changed completely, I think he's more hurt over his disappearance than me and Maddie. But that's not because me and my sister didn't love him as much, we loved our dad to bits! It's just because I know that John b was way closer to our father than me and my sister. And that's fine! I do feel bad for my brother a lot of the time, but he knows he's got us and the crew!
John b loves making the most of summer and making memories that we'll never forget. Although my brother is very reckless and downtrodden, me and the crew know that he has a heart full of gold.

Okay moving on, next we got Kiara! Well, we call her kie for short. When she's not saving the turtles, or listening to Marley, or getting a dolphin tattoo, she hangs out with us! She's a rich kid actually, foot in both worlds. She's the only one we like to be honest. Her family owns the wreck, which is this Outer Banks institution, a total money making machine with all the tourists. It's actually where me and my sister work! You know, i'm not really sure how her parents feel about Jb, JJ and pope but seeing as me and Mads work there, we know they like us two.

Next we got JJ, our best friend since the third grade. He's about as local as they come, latest in a long line of fishing, drinking, smuggling, vendetta-holding salt-lifers who made their living off the water. Greatest surfer I know actually. Mild kleptomaniac and a future tax cheat. Me and JJ have always had a close bond ever since we were young. To be honest, I love hanging around with JJ, he's a good laugh.

And finally we got Pope! The brains of the operation, finalist for the Lucas T. Vanderhorst Merit scholarship, and actually the smartest person I know. Not gonna lie he's a little bit of a weirdo....
His fathers this legendary character, Heyward. Anything you wanted on the island, Heyward would get it for you. Now i'm not so sure Heyward knew what to make of his oddball son, but it really didn't matter, he was a pogue just like the rest of us!

So, that's my crew! We're the pogues, and our mission this summer, is to have a good time all the time.

Hey guys!! So I know this chapter wasn't really a proper chapter i just  thought i'd start introducing all the characters (and the characters i made up, evelyn and madison) if anyone here hasn't watched outer banks. I will be releasing another chapter soon!

Don't forget to vote <33