Chapter Three Now or Never

Vincent stayed in that room with me for quite some time. We glared at each other and from time to time and he would mention something stupid such as what he ate for breakfast a couple weeks ago. I didn't really care too much for anything he had to say. He started to give me the nickname of little mouse despite how many times I told him my name was Zoe. But him seeming to be only transfixed on himself, ignored me. He had his long, sharp knife out for the whole time he was in the room with me, just looking at his reflection in it and twirling it around then and there. It made me feel very anxious and intimidated the way he was doing it.

He stood up from his chair, stretching and then looked over to me. "Almost forgot you were here little mouse, you're so quiet. Why don't you talk more? C'mon I won't hurt you. Say something!" He said as he put his hands on his knees. It was almost like he was begging a puppy to do a trick.

"You honestly expect me to believe you after what you did to me?" I snarled.

"Okay alright, you don't have to talk, just know that I have ways of making you talk if you don't plan on doing so yourself" he said slyly as he out of nowhere threw his knife at the wall next to my head. He gave a little laugh. "See? I didn't hurt you? Close I may say, but wasn't close enough." He grabbed a stack of newspapers as he was heading towards the door. He struggled to grab his chain of keys as he held the packet of papers with his other hand. "So I'll come check on you later tonight, just to make sure you aren't trying to do something dumb like escaping," He yelled from across the room.

"Tonight? What time is it now? I haven't seen sunlight in almost 24 hours Vincent! I'm hungry! I'm cold and you're just going to leave me here chained up like a wild animal!" I yelled furiously.

He moaned and grudgingly said "What is with you people! You complain and complain, like everything is expected to be handed to you on a silver platter!" he sighed. "How about I make you a deal. When I come back later tonight I will bring you food, water and maybe even a blanket if I feel generous enough to. All you do is sit here, look pretty and try not to escape, even though if you did want to try that it would probably be nearly impossible."

With that being said he slammed the door and I was left alone once more. I felt so hopeless and alone that I didn't even feel like I had anything in me to want to escape. I started to think of my family, friends and I even wondered how Livy's party had went. I started to question if anyone even knew I was missing. I looked around the room trying to think of something to at least get me out of the chains. I looked to my side and saw that the knife Vincent had thrown was still there. I thought, maybe if I move my legs to the side of me I could grab the knife with my feet. I tried so hard and despite the amount of pain that lingered in both of my legs and feet, I managed to pull it out of the wall. What to do with it though? I mean I can't cut the chains with it, it would bust the knife. I decided to sit on it, to try to hide it and pray that by some chance he would unlock the chains that held my hands together behind the pole.

************************************

I'm not sure exactly what time it was when I had woken up. I managed to fall asleep in the lingering silence that had been with me since I've been tied up in that room. The loud yanking of the knob being twisted had awoken me from a deep sleep. Vincent walked in with a plate of steaming pizza and breadsticks with a small amount of ranch. In his other hand held two cold, dripping water bottles. He also had a big blue comforter wrapped up in his arm. For once in this horror of a nightmare I was so happy to see small things like that, that most people, including myself, take for granted. I had almost jumped with excitement because I was so happy but I remember I was sitting on a knife which I was trying to hide.

Vincent looked at me and actually genuinely smiled. "I haven't seen you that happy ever little mou- I mean Zoe. Didn't think you knew how to smile." he said. He walked over and set the food along with waters in front of me. "Might need your hands to eat huh?"