Chapter 7: The Cry of Help

The Luna inside her was not going to wait for his mate to realize, she will take her claim by herself. Ashley's father stood in front of her, not budging and when she marched towards him to open the door from hinges if she could, her father pushed her away with full force sending her backwards.

The Heat keeps crawling painfully and all she could think was getting rid of it, then why is her father not getting it? Rage boiled inside her at thought of her father taking side of his older daughter than her, so she charged towards him.

They fought, punches flew towards each other, the Luna inside her didn't care the male, the Alpha in front of her was her father, she just wanted her mate to come and ease her hurting.

Her father pushed her, sending her flying backwards as she hit the wall hard, dropping down low. Just before she could charge back, a scorching pain emerged through her body and she started scratching hard.

She fell down screaming, her father came running to her, to help. The itching pain keeps growing on the side of her arm. She teared the sleeve of her dress and the visible red patch started forming on the side of her arm, shaping into, like someone's hand.

The Luna subsidized slowly, giving her control, her eyes dilating back to normal when another scream pierced, vibrating through her lungs. Another mark of a hand formed on her waist, imprinting a hand of holding something.

I can't, I just.....

Tears formed in her eyes, resting on brink ready to fall from the lids, she looked up at her father, pleading to help, when another red patch started forming on her forehead.

She was withering in an excruciating pain, sweating furiously while her breathing keeps going low, coming out in hard puffs of air. The tears that she has been holding up finally released from her lids, painfully rolling down her eyes.

She was unable to form any coherent proper sentence, breathing loud. Her father quickly took out his phone, dialing as fast as he could to someone, her eyes going droopy while her hypersensitive ears could hear the ringing sound.

Her eye lids getting heavy with every passing second and with every sound of the ringing from the other line. She knew, she knew who her father was calling, he was trying to end her misery by calling him. She couldn't believe her promise was slipping away, the ugly truth was going to come out along with its bitter consequences. Her eyes finally gave away, she couldn't keep up anymore, surrendering into darkness.

The next time she woke up, she was in a bed, still in the basement. Her Heat that was very strong the first day, was now slowly subsiding. Now, it was the third day, she was not in pain anymore, but the Heat was still there. She was sitting in the corner of the basement, lost in her own thoughts when her father came inside, locking the door behind.

"How's Ally?" came out Ashley's voice, low and throaty from all the screaming

"She's okay, she....." her father hesitated

"What's wrong?" she asked, confused from his behavior

"She didn't get the Heat, so um, Alarick never came back" he said avoiding her gaze

She knows something was going on in his mind, he doubted maybe.

"Dad, you know, some females don't get heat, its normal" she stated, standing up, feeling a little sting in her lower abdomen

"I know but I am very, very confused. Allison said her wolf never screamed mate for Alarick but I talked with Alarick and I don't think he is lying when he said his wolf said mate after meeting Allison. He is an honest and respected Alpha; I trust him and I saw in it his eyes too. But what I'm not getting is, why Allison didn't get the heat. Alarick held her on first day of your heat,  trying to comfort Allison and thus you got those marks. Allison told me, he held her for a moment but something in his eyes changed, he pecked her on forehead and left and he is not answering her calls now" her father keeps pacing back and forth