C H A P T E R - 9

Hello!

Nostrils fuming in anger, Sivaangi flounced inside Vrindavan, mentally devising a plan to wipe out the existence of a certain someone from the history of earth.

She stopped on her tracks when she saw her grandpa doing nothing but what he usually does.

Sudoku.

Peeved, she pressed her lips tightly and glared at the man who didn't stir by a millimeter.

Still no response.

She stormed into the kitchen to find her aunt sedately cooking and singing around.

Sivaangi briskly moved forward and stood beside Sujatha, folding her arms over her chest and huffing, trying to potray her disappointment.

Sujatha saw her and sang aloud, simultaneously sautéing the vegetables in the wok.

Heyyy vanithamani vanamohini vandhaaaaaaaduu...

Tan tan tada tan tan tada...

"Theyy!" whined Sivaangi, slumping her shoulders, when Sujatha pulled her to dance along.

"Yenna di?" Sujatha pouted and shook her head in disbelief. "Nee la oru dancer ah!" she exclaimed in disappointment, but her words didn't enter Sivaangi's ears.

"Andha aal romba over-ah panran theyy. Thimiru pudichavan" she derided, squeezing the tomatoes placed on the counter.

"Yaaru?" asked Sujatha cluelessly.

Who was she talking about? she wondered.

Let him be anyone.

She was ready to sucker-punch and knock him out for irritating her little niece.

"Aahn unga payan dha. Vera yaaru!" Sivaangi sulked.

Sujatha jerked to face her in amusement. There was something funny and extremely typical of the way she was fussing about Ashwin. An imperceptible smile touched her lips.

"Yen? Yenna pannan?" she asked pursing her lips tightly.

"Snacks vaanga poren nu sonnaru theyy. Ice cream uh, verum orey oru ice cream dha theyy ketten..." she explained, trying very hard to add in the right amount of emotions to provoke the woman to firmly admonish her son. "No sollitaru..." she pouted and lifted her eyes to see the effect her words created on Sujatha.

But she looked cool and tepid, continuing to stir the contents in the wok. "Avan apdi dha solluvan. Vaangitu varuvan. Chill pannu" spurred on Sujatha.

"Illa avar sonnaru avangaluku ellaam strawberry vanilla chocolate dha pidikuma".

"Adhungaluku adha vitta vera edhuvum theriyadhu" Sujatha scorned.

"Ada po theyy" Sivaangi pouted again. When he was going to the supermarket, why couldn't he buy an additional ice cream. He simply hated her, she thought as her overthinking mind had conquered her brain.

"Seri nee yenna keta avanta?"

"Neapolitan uh".

Sujatha glared at her. Was she for real?