Chapter two: hanging out

Axels P.O.V

"You cant hide from me Bennett Bourne " I yelled, I slowly creeping up the stairs and scanning the area for any clues.

I listened quietly and heard small barley audible beeping sounds,the phone was still ringing, I followed the sounds until I reached Teresa's room.pushing the door open slightly I peeked inside she was lying on her bed tapping her foot while she studied, she noticed me standing there and smirked pointing to her closet and mouthing 'he's in there' I nodded and snook over to her closet the beeping sounds grew louder I had him now.

"Give me it Bennett" I shouted ripping open the closet door to discover Bennett crouched near Teresa's shoes, he smiled innocently at me and wiggled the phone in his hand.

"Axel watch out!" Teresa screeched making me look away from Bennett for a few seconds, I watched him out the corner of my eye as he tried darting through my legs I quickly tensed my legs and put the together capturing him I between my legs I let out a weak Yelp, as he bit my ankle Making me fall to the floor in pain he took that chance to make a break for it I shot my hand out grabbing his ankle and pulling back on it hard.

"Ahhhh fuck" he cried out landing on his stomach winding himself, I got on top of him wrestling his hand with the phone in it I gasped accidentally pressing the speaker button a clicking sound made us both stop and look at each other.

"Hello?" A soft voice answered, I smiled she actually picked up the phone. I wiggled my way free kneeing Bennett in the chest and taking the phone from his hand.

"Um hi Zarina , it's Axel"I answered my voice cracking, I mentally face palmed myself Teresa snickered into her hand and Bennett groaned loudly clutching his chest and rolling around on the floor.

"Oh hi Axel, is something wrong?" She asked I could hear talking behind her it was a males voice I growled internally.

"No sorry, I was just putting your number in the phone and I must have accidentally pressed call" I lied Bennett looked at me making a heart shape with his fingers while lying on the floor, flipping him the bird I continued to listen.

"that's okay.." I heard some muffled voices, what the hell is going on.
"Hey Rina is that your hunky mate on the phone" a male voice boomed down the speaker, I heard her cussing making me chuckle.

"Flynn hand me the phone you pansy" Sabrina yelped in frustration.i probably wasn't suppose to hear that.

"Hi big bear it's nice to speak to you, that's how she described you by calling you big bear"the guy I think named Flynn added laughing down the phone I smirked, could this be the guy she walked out the school with, I bloody-well hope so.

"Hi Flynn nice to speak to you to"I chuckled, I heard a loud smacking sound then a small whine she had obviously slapped him the phone crackled for a little bit.

"I'm so sorry about him, he's my friend..."she apologized.

"It's okay, I get it" I interrupted, I leaned up against the door ignoring the smooching sounds coming from Bennett.

"Is there anything I can do for you?" She asked sounding hopeful, oh god I'm no good at talking to girls especially my soon to be mate.

"Not really"I gushed out, I really wanted to ask her on a date but I think I should get to know her first.

"Oh okay" her voice was a mixture of understanding and disappointment,, my heart almost fell out of my chest.

"I will definitely see you tomorrow though" I assured her happily, I honestly couldn't wait to take Teresa to school tomorrow.

"Yes, yes you will" she sang cheerfully, I heard a small laugh from behind me were Bennett was sitting on the bed with Teresa both starring at me smirking, I rolled my eyes.

"I've got to go now, I can't wait to see you tomorrow Axel" she purred, I'm surprised I wasn't drooling at her silky voice.

"See you later kitten" I cooed waiting for her to hang up, there was a little beep indicating that she had hung up I did the same it was quiet for a few minutes,to quiet.

"Axel you do realize it's my turn to take Teresa to school tomorrow" he grinned knowing I would blow up in his face, but I didn't.

"I wouldn't mind if Axel took me" Teresa butted in her cheeks a glowing pinky colour, I nodded Bennett sighed.

"Whatever you can take Teresa" Bennett mumbled getting up from Teresa's bed and pushed past me.

"Are you sure?" I asked turning to walk out, she nodded and smiled, whatever the lady wants I guess.

Bennett's parents came home shortly after nine they had brought pizza home so me and Bennett sat and devoured a full pizza to ourselves leaving a few slices for his mom and dad, I yawned walking upstairs after I helped clean away the dishes and cups I stumbled into the bathroom only to be met by a scowling Bennett I tilted my head in confusion.

"What's wrong bro" I asked squeezing the toothpaste onto my red toothbrush, he sighed.

"Ah it's nothing" he said sitting on the side of the bathtub watching me sadly.

"Dude" I mumbled with the toothbrush in my mouth, putting my hand out gesturing for him to tell me.

"I-I'm just jealous I guess, you've found your mate a-and.." He whispered, his face looked as though he was about to cry and he doesn't do that very often so I knew it was serious.

you see Bennett had a mate about three years ago her name was Violetta , they were a awesome couple but him being a bear shifter he would always be on her tail about stuff she had done and her being a fox shifter a sly and sneaky creature that couldn't help but steal things, she started to lie about a lot of stuff resulting in a lot of fights between the two, anyways they got into one really big fight and she drove off it was raining so the road was slippery and as she sped around a bend she didn't see the other car coming around unfortunately she slammed on the brakes causing her to roll the car.Violetta was ejected through the window and had too many injuries to count she was rushed to hospital barely alive so Bennett spent her last days by her bedside holding her hand 'I'm sorry Bennett' were her last words before she past that night, Bennett was a wreck for almost two months he hid his emotions from everyone and refused to see anyone unless it was me or his sister. Ever since he lost his one love Bennett has been putting off the day when he finds his new mate, he has become very protective over me.

"I just don't want you to go through what I had to" he sighed, his hands over his eyes to hide his expression.

"I know bro, it's okay you'll find a new one soon" I said comfortingly, patting his back he sniffled and nodded wiping away his unshed tears.

"Agh don't worry about me, I'm happy for you" he smiled giving me a quick brother hug before leaving me to do my business, I crawled into bed thinking about Zarina and what I would say to her tomorrow my eyelids became heavy and I was happy to be consumed by the darkness.