chapter 3

Meredith's POV:

It's been two days since me and Derek had our argument. He left to go to DC and he texted me the day after her left telling me that were going to work on our marriage when he gets back.

We might I was leaving the hospital and realized I got a call from arizona. That's unlikely, so I called her back and asked was anything wrong. She told me that Callie kicked her out and I offered her a place to stay at my house.

After a day with Arizona at my place we got home from work one day and once we got into the house someone called her and she started crying after the called ended. I asked her what was wrong she didn't say anything and just went to bed. I gave her 5 minutes alone before I decided to enter the room.

Arizona's POV:

I woke up with Meredith still hugging me from behind. I didn't know what time it was, but I knew it was to early to go to work. I didn't want to reach for my phone on the night stand to check the time afraid that I'll wake her. I wanted to be in this position forever.

Like an hour later I think, I woke up and Meredith was gone. I didn't feel her arms around me anymore. I felt so useless. I didn't get out of bed. I reached over to the night stand and flipped my phone over checking the time. It was about time for me to get ready for work but I decided I wasn't going as I locked my phone.

Meredith's POV:

I woke up to Arizona still sleeping. I took my arms away from her waist while I claimed out of bed lightly trying not to wake her. I then fix the covers that were on top of her, making sure that she wouldn't get cold.

I went down the hall to my room and got in the shower and dressed for today. I figured Arizona was up getting ready to. An hour later I went down stairs and attempted to make breakfast, but failed and the eggs were burnt and so were the pancakes. So the only thing that was worth eating was the bacon I'm surprised that I successfully cooked. I laid the bacon on a plate in the kitchen. I figured Arizona would want some. A few more mins passed and she's still not down stairs. We're going to be late if we wait anymore longer. I walk up stairs and open the door to a sleeping Arizona. Well at least I think she's sleeping. Her back is turned away.

"Arizona, you need to get up we're going to be late for work you know," I said sitting beside her as she lay there.

"I'm not going to work," she mumbled with her eyes closed.

"Why?"  I asked softy, as I gently rubbed her back.

"Why should I Mer? All day long I'm going to be distracted by the fact that Callie left me and took our daughter half way across the world," she explained looking at me.

After Arizona convinced me to let her stay home from work, I left and went. I told her if she need anything to call me or text me and I will back there soon as I kind. She tried arguing with me on it saying that she didn't want to bother me at work but I stopped her and told her she wouldn't never bother me.

I got to work and talked to Cristina at the desk in the E.R. It was really a quiet day. No surgery's no nothing came through the door's.

"So she just kissed you?" Cristina asked. I told her about what happened between me and Arizona last night and how Callie left her and took their child with her.

"Mhm, hm. She did," I assured.

"Wow, soo.. did you kiss back?" She asked.

"At first I did, then I pulled away," I said.

"Mer, you remember when you told me you had a secret crush on her the first time she came here. What happened to that?" She asked.

"Cristina. That was a long time ago and she doesn't feel the same way. She just lost her wife and her child, I didn't want to take advantage of her," I explained. When Arizona kissed me it probably didn't mean nothing to her as it did to me.

"What about Derek?" She asked.

"What about Derek?" I questioned her question.

"Aren't you two going to fix y'all's marriage when he gets back," she asked.

"Oh, I-,"  I said but immediately got cut off by a someone coming into the E.R.

"HELP!-."

Arizona's POV:

I slept all day and finally woke at around 3 in the afternoon. I had a miss call from Callie. I wonder what that could be about. Hasn't she ruined my life already.

"Callie?" I said as I called her back.

"Hello, Arizona. This is Doctor Merrick at Mercy general hospital here in New York. I called to inform you that..."

.... TBC