༺ 𓆩💎𓆪 ༻

year 2022.

work was excruciating for josuke higashikata today. he pulled into the driveway of his upgraded childhood home. his eyes were tired, with lines and dark circles underneath them. his eyelids covered the majority of his eyes. since 1999, he hasn't changed much. after everything that happened to him, his family, his friends, he would think that he would become quiet and distant like jotaro. he closed his eyes and let out a relieved exhale. thank god for that...

after high school, josuke became a doctor. he thought it would be the best possible career for him considering crazy diamond's power. he ran a detective agency with koichi and okuyasu that worked mostly locally. despite his busy main job, he still managed to manage the agency when needed. josuke had traded in his school uniform for a slightly form fitting white outfit (the picture).

he peeled his gloves off and looked up from his steering wheel. there was a car in the driveway already, meaning reimi and norisuke were home from school already. josuke's eyes lit up when he saw the car. he took the key out of the ignition and excitedly stepped out of the car. he grabbed his suitcase and left his lab coat on. he opened the door and ran into the kitchen, throwing his hands up. 

"hello my beautiful children!" he shouted at the two teens sitting at the kitchen table. the two had the same parents, but couldn't look more different. 

reimi, the eldest, had light brown skin and a round face. she had slender brown eyes and long black locs with crystals scattered in the twists. norisuke had pale skin with straight dark hair and round eyes. norisuke groaned and put his head down on the table. 

"please, dad. i'm so tired..." he groaned

reimi chewed on a slim jim and grinned at her brother. josuke threw his arms around norisuke and let all his weight fall onto him. josuke closed his eyes and yawned. 

"im tired too, noriii" he said as he smiled. 

norisuke screamed and used all of his power to get his father off of him. josuke laughed and stood up. he took his jackets off and sat at the table with his kids. reimi offered him a slim jim and he took it. 

as he took a bite he spoke. "so how was school? got any projects coming up?" he asked the both of them. 

nori shook his head as he typed on a computer. reimi side eyed josuke nervously and tossed her slim jim wrapper in the trash. she shook her head. "n-no." 

josuke raised an eyebrow and took the slim jim out of his mouth. "so...going off the stutter...that means yes?" he asked as he leaned closer to her.

norisuke looked anxiously between his sister and father.

reimi sighed. "my english class wants us to write a paper about our parents and how they met, blah, blah, blah. i was just going to make a story up like you met in high school or something." she said quickly as she waved her hand. 

josuke looked away and down at the table. he swallowed and chewed on his bottom lip. "no, no, its alright. you just need to know how we met?" 

reimi glanced down then back up. she nodded. "yeah. but also what you went through together." she said as she played with her thumbs. the tension in the kitchen was thick.

josuke sighed. "alright. how about later tonight i'll tell you about it?" 

reimi nodded and stood. "i'm gonna jump in the shower real quick." she said tying her hair up. josuke stood. "i'm gonna go relax for a bit. care to join me, nori?" he asked as he pushed his chair under. norisuke shook his head. "i've got some assignments to catch up on. i might come in there later." he said as he concentrated and typed. josuke nodded and moved to the livingroom though his face had become pained.

 josuke nodded and moved to the livingroom though his face had become pained

after dinner, josuke sat in his "assigned" chair in the livingroom

after dinner, josuke sat in his "assigned" chair in the livingroom. he leaned back and rested his chin on his fist. "so...how do we start this?" he asked reimi. reimi took a seat and opened her laptop. 

"tell me where it all started."