It's Hard Loving You

"You're lips taste like strawberry," Nick grinned, pulling Charlie on the sofa, stealing a deeper kiss as they made out. Each kiss was adorable and temperate, instead of the rough, he'd heard so many of his friends speak about. He liked it this way, loving. "Are you wearing chapstick?"

"Mmm," Charlie muttered, pulling make slightly. He breathed, voice wavering slightly. "I'm sorry. Is it gross...,"

"God, no...," Nick chuckled, wrapping an arm around his boyfriends and pulling their chests flush. Charlie inhaled at the ease his boyfriend dragged him with, a jolt in his stomach igniting his body. "You taste amazing, baby. I can't get enough."

"Can't you?" The boy giggled, blushing as they fell back. His hands found Nick's strong rugby arms as their lips met again. Nick deepened the kiss, his arms flexing as his fingers trailed Charlie's spine. The younger boy gasped, the pool in his stomach travelling lower. He blinked as he felt his trousers get tighter.

"Oh my God," Charlie screeched, throwing himself to the floor and pulling his knees to his chest. Nick sat quickly, eyes wide.

"Char?" He asked. "Are you...,"

"I need to go," Charlie uttered quickly, shaking his head. Closing his eyes, he thought of the most horrendous thing he could summon. "I really need to go...,"

"What?" Nick frowned, getting to his knees. He reached out to touch his boyfriend, the boy jerking away from him. "Charlie, are you okay?"

"I need to go home," Charlie stood, drawing on his shoes as he walked to the door. Nick took in the deep grimace on the boy's face, rubbing the back of his neck. "I'm gonna walk home."

"I'll take...,"

"Alone," Charlie begged. "Please...,"

"Okay...," Nick stepped back. He cocked his head, looking over the boy. He took in the way Charlie shook, the way his eyes sat moistly. "I, erm, I'll see you in school I guess...,"

~~~

Looking up at the roof, Charlie thought of the tightness in his pants that had appeared while kissing his boyfriend. They'd made out before, of course, and it had never gotten to that point. You weren't meant to get stiff, kissing. It was innocent, a way for them to connect and express their love. Nick had never.

If Nick had felt in...,

Charlie sealed his eyes, a tear running the length of his cheek. God, Nick would think he was a perv. Who got turned on by a kiss? Would they have broken up or something? He could visualise the look on the boy's face, the repulsion of the moment. Would he tell people, how desperate Charlie, the gay boy, was?

He turned onto his side, sniffles falling from his lips. His problem was that he couldn't help but be obsessed with his boyfriend's touch.

~~~

"Mum," Nick murmured, running his hand up through his hair as he stepped to where his mother was sitting at the kitchen table, drinking a cup of tea while she played Candy Crush, on her Ipad. She glimpsed up as the boy stepped into the room.

"Hello, darling," she grinned, cocking her head. She frowned suddenly, glancing around. "Hey, where's Charlie? It's not like him to leave earlier than asked."

"Can I talk to you...," Nick asked, voice uncertain. The woman nodded slowly, patting the seat next to her.

"Sure," she hummed. She smiled as her son took the seat, looking him over. She witnessed the boy shake moderately, his hands wrenching together as he stared ahead. "Charlie, did something happen?"

"I," the boy muttered, "I think I did something bad."

"Something bad," Sarah asked gradually, cocking her head. She swallowed some of her drink, humming. "Define bad...,"

"Charlie might not want to be my boyfriend anymore...bad." The boy sniffled, fluttering away tears. He closed his eyes, shaking his head. God, was he single now? "We were making out and I think I might have taken it too far...,"

"Too far?" Sarah asked, her heart beating slightly faster. What was too far? Had he tried to push Charlie further than the kiss? "Nicolas Nelson, you didn't try and undress him without his permission, did you?"

"What?" The boy wheezed, looking up fast. He shook his head at a hundred miles per hour. "No, I would never. I would absolutely never, mum. We were kissing, and I pulled him closer than usual and she ran off...,"

"Ran off...," Sarah recounted.

"Ran off...," Nick half sobbed. "Mum, I think he despises me. He flinched away from me...,"

"Did he say he hated you?" She questioned, smiling lightly. Nick blinked, wiping his eyes of tears. He shook his head, whimpering slightly. "Then don't even think it. I know he left but the best thing you can do is go after him...,"

"And if he dumps me...," Nick asked.

"Then," the woman shrugged, "you know."

~~~

Charlie sighed, pressing his face into his pillow with a moan as the door opened and closed.

"Tori," he muttered, "I told you to leave me alone."

"Ugh," a male voice sounded. Charlie pivoted quickly to look at his boyfriend, eyes widened. "I'm sorry, Tori let me in. I actually needed to see you. I needed to tell you...,"

"I'm sorry...," they both murmured. Both scowling, they cocked their heads. Gradually, Nick came to sit at the edge of the boy's bed.

"What are you sorry for?" Charlie asked, scooting forward. Nick pouted, lip quivering. "You have done nothing wrong unless you just haven't told me what you've done yet. Oh my God, did something happen?"

"What are you talking about...," Nick questioned, voice wavering. A tear fell the length of his cheek, fingers tearing at his trousers. "Charlie, I'm sorry I've made you feel uncomfortable. I didn't mean to hold you so hard, touch you where you didn't want me to. I shouldn't have touched your waist without permission...,"

"What?" Charlie giggled. "You think I'm mad at you? Nick, I couldn't be angry with you. You take great care of me, and never do anything without consent. I left because of what I did to you...,"

"You did to me?" Nick frowned. He thought back, permitting the scene to run through his mind. He chewed his lip when nothing stood out, apart from the strawberry chapstick. "You did nothing to me. What are you talking about, Charlie? You can tell me...,"

"I...," the boy sighed. He glanced to his wall, shaking his head. He couldn't let Nick think he'd done anything wrong. "We agreed that the thought of sex right now scares us, correct? We said we'd wait?"

"I remember...," Nick spoke slowly.

"Well," Charlie whimpered. "We were kissing and I got an erection. I didn't want you to think I was a pervert."

"Baby," Nick smiled, reaching forward and taking the boy into his arms. Charlie leant into him, whimpering. "Now, baby. I would never think that. Those are natural, hell I get them all the time while kissing you. I just sneakily tuck it away...,"

"Really?" Charlie asked.

"Really...," Nick hummed, chuckling. He kissed Charlie again, wrestling the boy onto the bed with a giggle. Charlie laughed and smiled as he was pulled on top of the guy. "I'm sure most people get it. We should have talked about it, huh?"

"Yeah," he smiled. "Why are we like this?"

"I dunno...,"

Both boys commenced making out again, pulling each other as close as possible as they tried to get over the brief hiccup. Feeling aroused, they pushed closer. Charlie hummed as he felt Nick's hardness brush his own.

"Wow...," he smiled. "Time out...,"

"Mmm," Nick grinned, feeling Charlie's just as prominent. "Time out. Hey, shall we never hide our joy again?"

"I agree...,"