◅▨Chapter three▨▻

◇◈◇◈◇◈◇◈◇◈◇◈◇◈◇◈◇◈◇◈◇◈◇◈◇

⇺New friend⇻

After washing the dishes, Renjun's mom brought out a basket. "Jun can you go to the bakery and buy bread?" "Take this as a chance to explore the village too," Renjun nodded at his mother's words, taking the basket as well. "I'll get going now, mom!" Renjun shouted as he exited the door.

As he stepped outside, the view of the village made Renjun stop and stare. It was so beautiful, with trees everywhere, plants and animals of every kind can be seen. Walking toward the path leading downtown Renjun stopped when saw a boy who was sitting on a wooden swing surrounded by beautiful flowers. "Hi, I'm Renjun. Your new neighbor." Renjun greeted him with a smile and a wave. The boy turned his head in the direction of the voice. He had cute hamster-like features and noticing how his legs were literally spread in front, Renjun guessed he was tall. "Um, hi. I'm Jisung. Nice to meet you," "Can you perhaps tell me where the bakery is?" Renjun asked the taller. "You're going to the bakery? Is it fine if I come with you?" "Oh sure. No problem at all." "Mom! I'm headed to town!" "Alright, stay safe!" Renjun waited patiently outside the fence as the boy went out of their house with a few coins. 

"Umm, what will you do at the bakery?" Jisung asked the shorter male. "Oh, my mom told me to buy some bread." Renjun showed the basket decorated with lace and a red ribbon. "If you don't mind me asking, why were you alone a while back? Like, I saw that there were other teens playing or talking around there." Jisung looked down at his feet. "My parents don't like me playing with other kids." "What? Why?" To say Renjun was confused was an understatement. He was beyond confused. "The children in this village bully anyone they think is weak. They target children who don't talk too much because they "can't" fight for themselves." Renjun nodded. "I was exactly that I guess." 

"This might sound weird but, I've never even had a friend. It's always me and my parents." Renjun stopped in his tracks causing the taller to also pause his steps. "I can be your first friend!" Renjun said with a smile. Jisung smiled shyly at the shorter one. "Thanks, uhh Renjun right?" "Yup". Without noticing it, the two new friends were finally downtown. "There's the bakery," Jisung stated after noticing a familiar building. "Hi, can I get this, and Ummm this." Alright, and what about you sir?" "Oh I'll get two petits pains, here," Jisung said as he handed the baker the money. "Ahh, thank you, sir." Renjun bid farewell to the baker. Jisung bowed a second later after inhaling the scent of the pastries and bread around them.

As they neared their homes, Renjun noticed Jisung checking the area from time to time. "Hey Jisung what are you looking for?" He asked the male. "I- Uhm."

                                                                                                                   ~Nanaฅʕ•̫͡•ʔฅ     

◇◈◇◈◇◈◇◈◇◈◇◈◇◈◇◈◇◈◇◈◇◈◇◈◇