1

The car that they jacked hours before squeaked to a stop. Shiro hadn't been driving for long, and definitely wasn't used to the change of pressure in the brakes. Why would he? He'd never have to drive this junkyard car any longer. After today, he and Keith wouldn't have to drive any shoddy vehicle for much longer. In the rearview mirror, the face of their target stood. Right beneath the reflection of the bank, a little glass angel swung back and forth from the force of Shiro's shitty driving. Keith, at least, thought it a bit romantic. A little angel to watch over their job. Or maybe just bad luck for what they're about to do. After all, he didn't think God took very kindly to bank robbers. But, still, he supposed he'd be forgiven when he was on the shore of some pretty island. White sands, blue waves- just as Shiro had promised him.

"You should've put your balaclava on earlier," Shiro muttered. He twisted the key out of the ignition and pulled his mask to fit his face better.

"Just be normal and call it a ski mask. Who knows what a balaclava is?" Keith smiled. He knew Shiro was right. Cameras were practically everywhere on the road- set exactly to survey and capture. One trick he'd done wrong already.

"Oh come on, smartass." Shiro rolled his eyes- that Keith could see- dark eyes blending into a dark "balaclava". He sighed, tensed shoulders falling with his exhale. "Are you ready?" he had a sudden change of tone. A slight softness that he didn't have before. Was it nerves? Or fear for Keith?

Keith scoffed. "No. Not at all."

"Do you not want to go through with it? We can turn around now. Ditch the car and pray they don't find out it's us who stole it." Shiro tilted his head down, meeting Keith's gaze.

"No. It wouldn't be worth it then. We're here. There's nothing else to do now. If they get us for car-jacking they might as well get us for bank robbery too."

"Or they don't," Shiro winked. "They don't get us at all and we're on our way."

"Yeah.. on our way." Keith muttered. He unbuckled his seatbelt. That amused him, before robbing a bank he made sure to buckle his seatbelt. If they got pulled over, you best believe that Keith would not be getting reprimanded for no seatbelt- just the firearms and his ski mask in the backseat. The obvious makings of a to-be robbery.

"Get the things then, they're behind my seat," Shiro commanded. He wasn't usually like this- so assertive. Again, Keith figured that it must have been the nerves.

"Yeah, yeah okay." Keith stretched over the seat, throwing the dark blanket that covered their gear, to the side. Beneath it, in a little duffle, laid their tools. Weapons, really. They already put on their body armor. Shiro previously calculated the nearest police station, and how quick they would be to get to the scene. A little under ten minutes. They both had a little under ten minutes to get the job done. Get in, get as much cash as they could, hopefully, scrape through with no casualties or cops, and escape the scene. Finally, then, they'd be home free.

Still, it was a nice assurance to have at least something to protect them should the cops get there way too quickly for them to make their escape. If there were to be a shootout, at least they could have a fighting chance with some type of protection. That and all their firepower.

It was Keith's idea to load up on so many weapons. Shiro wouldn't have thought it to be something Keith was so knowledgeable about, and honestly, Keith didn't really know the full extent of his knowledge either. His father had always been a gun fanatic. Making illegal mods in the shed to "fuck around with" as he'd put it. Exploding tannerite in the desert. What else was there to do in the middle of nowhere?

Keith slid out a pair of AK-56s. He'd modified them in his late father's shed like he'd seen him do as a kid. Never on guns like these though. Nothing as dangerous as these. Less kick-back, faster rounds, easier to reload the magazine, "just in case." Keith repeated over and over when Shiro would remark how "too much" this all was getting.