Chapter: 4

"That's my cue to go finish my rounds" I say trying to leave this about to be awkward situation.

"Oh you wish" Tara tells me grabbing my arm as we walk out the door towards Jax.

"What happened? What's wrong? Is he okay?" Jax bombards us with questions about his just born son.

Gemma, Jax's mom rushes next to her son, waiting for explanations on Abel's condition.

...

"The family flaw" Gemma says after Tara explains what happened to Abel.

Jax whispers something to his mom then leaves in a hurry.

I watch as Gemma glares at Tara. By the looks of it, I guess I really wasn't the only one who didn't know she was back.

As the awkward silence continues my pager goes off.

"Saved by the bell, thank god" i tell myself.

"I gotta go" I say to both of them as i walk away, feeling tara eyeing me from the back for leaving her with Gemma.

At lunch

"Your total will be $12.35"

"Thanks" I say walking away

I look for Elena around the cafeteria, "I guess she must still be in surgery" i tell myself while looking for an empty table to sit at.

"Boo!"

"JESUS" I say coughing on my food.

"My god Elena you made me choke on my lettuce!" I laugh.

"Sorry i got here late, complications with the surgery" She tells me.

"Isn't there always?" I say.

"Exactly" She says back cheerfully.

"Well that was my day, how about you?" She asks me while eating her sandwich.

"I ran into my sister while going to check on the Teller baby." I say looking at my food.

"The sister? the one who ran away for almost a decade then comes knocking on your night at night?" She says with shock on her face.

"Yeah that one" I shrug.

"Well charming is a small place, surgeon's clearly run in the family" Elena says trying to clear the air.

"You can say that again" I reply

"I'm just thankful i'm not on the teller baby case, having to deal with all those dirty lookin' bikers" She says with relief.

"Why do you say that?" I ask curiously.

"Com'on Talia you live here your whole life, don't tell me you don't know about the Sons" Elena says.

"They're not that bad, they do their thing like everyone else" I practically mumble.

"But still, they're scary, i wouldn't be shocked if one of them killed someone" She says

I cough hearing what she just said.

"Don't be ridiculous they'd be in jail" I say trying to down play what she just said.

"You're right" She agrees.

"I can't believe your sister got involved with one of them all that time ago, it just seems so weird doesn't it?" Elena asks me.

"Kinda i guess, they grew up together, when you grow up with someone you see who they actually are, not just who they want you to see them as" I reply taking what i said to a deep value.

...

As I finish up my rounds for the night i catch a glimpse of Gemma lifting up Tara's shirt to show off her tattoo.

"Oh sh*t" I say to myself walking over towards the end of their fight.

"Guess some things don't change" Gemma says directly at Tara's face before walking into the elevator.

"What the f*ck was that all about?" I ask Tara with an eyebrow raised.

"Just Gemma being Gemma" Tara says.

"She's trying to go all godfather on your a**" I say chuckling.

Tara laughs.

"How did Abel's surgery go?" I ask her.

"It went good, he's back in nicu resting right now, the on call nurses are with him" She says to me.

"That's a relief, i been a resident here for a few years and newborns his size never make it around here, glad he is" I say to her.

She looks behind me not paying that much attention to what i just said. I turn around to see jax and tara eyes locked.

I slowly walk to the elevator getting the hint they're having a moment.

Is it bad i want to emphasis Gemma being mean to tara? LOL. I'm completely brainstorming this story as i write it so leave comments and vote pls <3