Chapter Seven

Emma seems to be in a good mood. This woman has some secret that she is hiding because I know that I scare the shit out of her so there has to be something that she is not telling me. I just cannot stop thinking about that robbery where my leg got injured. (Ace): I needed to think of fake schemes with Rachel to distract myself from panicking. The last time something like that happened, shit went completely sideways I take a few seconds to breathe. Emma offers me a glass of water and sits down. (Ace): My aunt Delia was making dinner and we were talking about moving away. We were having the best night ever. Until a huge knock on the door turned into an explosion with several men running in. They had guns and spoke some language that I could not understand. My aunt told me to hide in the attic because it was hidden and anybody who didnt know the house couldnt get inside. There was shouting and gunshots but then complete silence (Emma): How did you get out? What happened to her? (Ace): We had a lot of secret entrances and exits in case of emergency. I spent an entire day laying there and waiting to hear her say that it would be alright to go back down into the house. I never heard her say anything for as long as I could remember. So, I got out through one of our secret exits through the roof. By the time I came back to check on my aunt, there was blood everywhere and my aunts dead body was laying on the floor. After that night, I decided that I would never allow anyone to fuck me over ever again. She was everything I had (Emma): I am so sorry, Ace. I know that it must have been excruciating to see a loved one die to protect you. There was nothing you could do to save her. Do not blame yourself for it (Ace): No shit, there was nothing I could do but that should not have stopped me from at least trying. Instead, I laid there like a useless child in fear (Emma): You were really young, and you were in shock. It is not your fault that the robbery happened, Ace. If you had to interfere then you both would have been dead today (Emma): There is no way of knowing (Ace): There would have been a chance! (Emma): Ace, you should not blame yourself. It was beyond your control (Ace): I could have fucking done something! Anything! Anything!! Anything to cause a distraction or somehow help (Emma): I think that we need to end todays session a bit early (Ace): I can still talk (Emma): You need to blow off some steam and so do I know any good clubs? Oh, do I? We head down to Dice and order a couple of drinks. Selina is not anywhere to be seen and Pam is also missing in action. Not even Lex is here which worries me a bit. After a few shots of things that I cannot remember the names of, shit gets serious very quickly. (Ace): So tell me, why are you such a pain in the ass? Why did you become a shrink? (Emma): I had a daughter (Ace): Had? (Emma): She had a really bad case of bipolar disorder and was very self-destructive. One afternoon after working at my old job, I came home to my house being on fire (Ace): Holy shit (Emma): The fire had already spread too much to save anything. The firemen found her burnt corpse in the dining room. They say that she turned on the gas and lit a match. She wanted to die (Ace): Fuck. I am so sorry. That is messed up (Emma): It just made me wonder what goes through a persons mind. How can someone take their life and leave without any explanation or asking for help? (Ace): How did you know that she was mentally ill? (Emma): She got diagnosed when she was six years old. Her father, my ex-boyfriend, had died in a car accident just a year before she was diagnosed. Doctors said that it could have been genetic or caused by the trauma That is beyond fucked up. I bet she could not beat both of those assholes that I have to call parents. They are so fucking mental that it makes every other patient in Arkham Asylum look like sane nuns. (Ace): You need more shots maam We get more shots and I order a side of chips and chicken wings. I knew that she was hiding something but that was way beyond psychotic. Probably that trauma is what her this annoying. I know that I sound like an asshole right now but guess what? I dont give a fuck! I could explain my background history again to make it make sense, but you should get the point by now. Joker and Harley have set houses, towns, skyscrapers, cities and more on fire. Dont get me started on how many people that they have killed, tortured, sold or used. Yes, Emmas story is heart-breaking, but it is complete peanuts compared to the shit that I have been born into. News flash! Life sucks! We get good times and completely shitty times whether we ask for it or not. We have no idea what will happen in this world. So, excuse me for not crying my eyes out like a five-year-old. Life is just not for weak people. Deal with it or die. That is what aunt Delia said that her mother used to say. We just have to make it our own. I have no choice but to take this shit and make it what I want it to be. Selina knows what it took for me to get here today and she will never allow me to go back to where I used to be. I would end up like Joker and Harley in a fucking insane asylum. Fuck that shit! Fuck all of that shit! I dont want to fucking think about this shit! I have to get this shit out of my head. Fuck it! I need some tequila. I need more tequila. TEQUILA!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tonight, I am dancing at Dice. Some tasteful moves never hurt anyone. Pam joined me on stage as we were dancing. I used to think that pole dancing was stupid. Now it is quite enjoyable. Selina stole money from the cash register at the bar a couple roads away just to throw tips at us. She knows how to make us laugh. Once we are finished dancing, we go sit at our table. I hear a familiar voice behind me and feel like my body is melting. (Deadshot): You still got it He gives me a huge kiss and Selina clears her throat. (Catwoman): Floyd, manners (Deadshot): Hi Selina. Hi Pamela (Poison Ivy): We should give them a moment alone (Catwoman): I am not about to be a grandmother, Pam (Poison Ivy): Come on Pam pulls Selinas arm as they head back to the bar for drinks. Why is he so good at finding me? Why wont he leave me alone? Why is he so damn hot? That is besides the point, Ace? (Deadshot): I should call you roadrunner by now I nervously laugh a bit. I dont know what to say. (Deadshot): Relax, it was a joke, Luce. I dont know what to say. You always did like running away. Guess that is why youre still hot (Ace): Oh shut up and we are making out again. What is wrong with me? Why are we like this? Something about him keeps pulling me in. I know that I have said that before but there is a feeling that gets me confused every time. I stop him and take a deep breath. (Ace): We need to stop doing this (Deadshot): Are you sure? He kisses me again and we take a while before we stop but I need to stop this. (Ace): I am serious. We are not good for each other (Deadshot): So, lets be bad for each other. Bad looks good on you He kisses me once more and eventually Selina comes to stop us. Thank you! (Catwoman): Could I have a moment with my daughter, Floyd? (Deadshot): Yeah sure. Talk to you later He leaves and now it feels like air has been brought back into my lungs. (Ace): I love you Sel. Thank you for that (Catwoman): Thank me when hes hanging from the fucking ceiling. I dont like him for you (Ace): Sel (Catwoman): Kitty, he is not the one for you. You need a bad man, not a bad boy Pam sits down with a tray of shots in her hands. (Poison Ivy): I fully agree (Ace): There are not many guys out there that are my type (Catwoman): Lets not forget the fish façade (Ace): Fish façade? (Poison Ivy): Oh yes! That water dude! (Ace): Aquaman? Arthur Curry? Really? You want to go down that road? (Catwoman): He was a good guy that actually made you want to be good. It was painful to watch (Poison Ivy): Guys love bad women! (Ace): What guys, Pam? (Poison Ivy): The tasty ones (Catwoman): Just remember that you have to be smart about this. Do you love Floyd? (Ace): No (Catwoman): Did you love that fish boy? (Ace): I think I did (Poison Ivy): Babe you need to get your head straight before the vines strangle you to death (Ace): I dont need a man (Catwoman): Well, you could maybe enjoy one? (Poison Ivy): She is just saying that because she is in love. Whatever that shit feels like (Ace): Can we talk about something other than my legal mother fucking biological uncle? (Poison Ivy): Progress! (Catwoman): You called him your uncle? (Ace): I also call my mailman, Mr Blue Balls Bill but that is not a big deal either (Poison Ivy): Well, I still agree with Selina a little bit. You should go meet a guy (Catwoman): Not Floyd (Poison Ivy): Yeah. Not him (Ace): What is your vendetta all about? Did he kill an ex-boyfriend of yours or something? (Catwoman): Not a fan. That is just how I feel (Poison Ivy): Is he good in bed? (Catwoman): Pam! (Poison Ivy): What? I just want to know if he at least is fun for her to play with? (Catwoman): We do not want to know that (Ace): We need something to eat. We are drunk and you two are talking about random shit (Poison Ivy): We just want whats best for you, sweetie. A man who is a fun toy as well These two are seriously too drunk to even have a rational conversation and now I am feeling tired. So, the story about myself and Aquaman is very short. We do not really call him Arthur because that is the same name as the prick Im forced to acknowledge as my father. I was crazy about him, and he made me want to be good. Then he met some other bitch that was already as good as they get. That reminded me that I was meant to be bad. It made me sick to my stomach to think that I could be a good person. Yuck! I will never think of crap like that again. We are all bad on the inside. It is just easier to accept it than try to fight it. Speaking of crap, I have to go to therapy again soon. Why am I doing this to myself? I need to be able to sort my own shit out by myself. Why would I need a man? Then I would be exactly like Harley needing Joker. The last thing I would ever want is to end up like that. Maybe we all just do not want to be a repeat of what our families are. Or maybe I just need some more drinks in my system to make me forget about all of this shit. You never know how shitty your day has been until you take a sip of tequila and feel that shit burn a holy pathway to heaven in your throat. It feels like the rest of your life just fades away into the darkness as you are completely calm and collected. This is what I want more than anything. PEACE AND QUIET! If you ever take a trip down Gotham City, you will see what I mean when I say I want peace and quiet!