The Laboratory

Jameson's mind races on the way home from school. Constant thoughts of tests, homework, girls, and many other things keep flashing up in his head. He arrives home and starts his homework, but suddenly his friends send him a text. "Have you seen that abandoned lab at the edge of town. It seems mysterious. We should check it out." Jameson responds, "Sure, Lets do that."

Jameson packs a few items. Some water, his dad's pistol (just in case), and his phone. He gets into his car and drives to his friend's house down the street. He meets up with his friends and gets into the car to drive to the lab.

The car pulls onto a dark, forested road. This road seems to go for miles before arriving at a large, white building. They park in front of the building and the group goes inside. The inside of the building is expansive, having walls covered in many offices and posters.

After a bit of exploring, they come upon a room filled with a pile of junk. A strange, glowing crystal sits on the floor. A paper, titled "Scientific Log: Inter-Dimensional Transit" sits on the ground. Jameson takes the paper.

After a bit more exploring, they decide to leave the laboratory. When Jameson arrives home, he reads the paper:

"First Attempts at Inter-Dimensional Transit

The first attempts at transporting objects from our world to alternate dimensions were completed using robots. 70% of these attempts failed, causing the robots to possibly drift forever through space.

However, the attempts that succeeded led us to discovering an inter-dimensional group known as "The Puppers."

The Bob Numbers Incident

Bob Numbers was the first person to be sent from our dimension to another dimension. After a total of three minutes and forty-two seconds of floating in that dimension's space, all camera feed for Numbers was switched off. We are unsure of what happened to Numbers, however we suspect The Puppers did something to him.

All further attempts at human inter-dimensional transit have however succeeded,  possibly awakening humanity to the true final frontier.

The Puppers

These 9 dog-like creatures rule over the vast expanse of the multiverse, quashing any attempt to travel between dimensions. They rule over the multiverse with an iron fist, making sure only one species of intelligent life exists per dimension. We are only sure of the nature of Pupper #7.

#7: This Pupper, Entity 207, disguises as the cartoon character, "Red Scarlett" from the show of the same name. This is the Pupper of disguise, able to disguise as any cartoon character ever created. We are unsure of why exactly #7 chooses to disguise as "Red Scarlett" in particular. This Pupper is from our dimension.

We are unsure of the leader of this group, however we suspect they rule with power. We classify the leader as Entity 200"

Jameson's mind was blown. He wanted to know more about these "Puppers." How much power do they hold? Why don't they want people to travel between dimensions? These questions raced through his head. He wanted to know...

And so Jameson searches the web, finding few resources. However, he eventually discovers a large scientific database. This database holds hundreds of logs about inter-dimensional transit. He has hit the jackpot.