Shattered Promises

Otayyyy, so this story is written by me, Shawnee/Poptarts. Idk if Taylor is ever going to write anything on here besides poems, but who knows? She might surprise meh. :3

This is All Rights Reserved, everything is fiction and it all belongs to me, Shawnee Weber.

Running. That's what I was doing; running for my life. I knew this was just a dream, but I couldn't wake up for some reason. I needed to, but I couldn't. My eyes wouldn't open. I was blind in my own world that my mind had so devilishly created. Something was chasing me; I knew it. I HAD to get away from it. God, help me now. Please...

I started awake. Looking around the darkened room, I felt the cold sweat running down my neck and arms. This dream had been haunting me for the past month now, and I couldn't shake it no matter what. I looked at my clock beside my bed; 6:00. Half an hour before I had to get up to get ready for school,  but I decided to get up anyway. There was no way I could get back to sleep with that nightmare.

I swung my legs out of the bed and got up, walking across the room to my dresser. My clothes had already been picked out by my families maid, Aria. I pulled on the black and white striped tank-top and the white skinny jeans, brushing my long black and white hair. My blue eyes looked tired so I went to the bathroom and splashed some water on them. I heard my door creak open and a soft whimper sounded. I looked behind me and saw my black wolf, James, peering at me through the darkness.

"Come here, buddy." I whispered, walking over to him and crouching down, rubbing his head softly. "What's up?"

He yipped quietly, turning in a circle.

"You want out? Okay."

I went down the stairs of my pack house, opening the door and letting him out. You may be asking Pack? What Pack?

Well, I'm a werewolf. I'm the Beta of the Daylight Pack, actually. My name is Ever Smith.

James whimpered at me and let out a little yip.

"What is it, James/" I whispered. He whined and looked at the house, flattening his ears. I looked up and saw a light on in my best friend's room. "What's Grizzly doing now?" I muttered.

I went back inside with James, walking up the stairs and knocking on Grizzly's door.

I heard some shuffling before the words "Come in." sounded.

Opening the door a bit, I saw my lanky glasses-ridden best friend sitting on his bed with a textbook open. "What's up?" I asked. James came in and jumped on the bed, laying down across it. Grizzly looked at me.

"Nothing, really. Just studying for the math test tomorrow. What about you?"

I looked down. "Can't sleep..." I muttered.

"Nightmares again?" he asked.

"Yeah..."

He sighed. "Well, I have to go to bed now. I hope you stop having those nightmares, though. Just because your dad was killed by a rouge doesn't mean that you should have nightmares about it."

I flinched at those words. "Don't talk about that, okay?" I growled. "Please. Just... Drop it."

Running back to my room, I heard Grizzly calling my name, but I didn't turn back. I slammed my door and locked it, sinking to the ground and letting out silent sobs. My dad was a very touchy subject for me, so I didn't like talking about him.  I sank into a deep sleep, finally not having the nightmare.

-------------------------------------------------------------

After a few hours, I woke up to the bright sunlight shining in my eyes. I groaned and stood up, stretching my back. It hurt from sitting next to the door for so long asleep. James was whining outside my door, so I opened it and let him in. He sighed and laid on my bed. I went downstairs to where Lila Wynters, the Luna of my pack, was cooking. Mike, her husband, was sitting at the table drinking coffee. I  sat down at the table and yawned. Mike looked up from reading the newspaper and laughed.