Two dumbasses go on a trip

My thoughts were promptly cut off by being bitch slapped with a pillow

Well then, with that oh so very kind interruption I look back to rain who proceeded to grab me and drag me towards the door. Deeming this as an excuse to actually do something I nod before holding a hand up to signify that I'm preparing something before I go. 

Making a quick doodle of me and rain going out and coming back I put it on the coffee table before heading out the door with rain who was patiently waiting for me. Grabbing rain's hand to make sure they don't get lost I then pull out the map. After looking at it for awhile I decide that if we want to actually do anything we should go to deepnest and talk to herrah.

Going to the nearest stag station I wait for a few people in front of us before I go up to the platform and point to the station next to the village on the map on a post on the platform. The stag pauses for a moment before clearing their throat.

"Are you sure you want to go there small ones? It may be too dangerous for young children such as yourselves."

Oh yeah I forgot we're like fucking toddlers physically. With a lot of head shaking and aggressive pointing to the map with a few vague mimed threats here and there the stag sighed and mumbled something about how he warned us. Hopping on with rain I decide it's probably a good idea to keep holding their hand as the ride may be bumpy.

Surprisingly it wasn't very bad albeit a bit slow. Arriving at the village we get off the stag and nod my head to thank them for the ride. They look like they wanted to say something, presumably in protest of us going to the village but they decide not to and head back through the tunnels. 

Shrugging before I start to walk with rain out of the station I make sure to be extra careful as rain jumps from platform to platform, although they seem annoyed at this they don't do anything about it. As we make our way through we get a lot of stares from spiders. 

They seem to be confused by the seemingly extra eyes on our masks. I personally see completely normally so I never minded it but we weren't attacked by them, however we were stopped before entering the beast's den. 

Which I was pretty sure wasn't herrah's actual house because in game it's just tunnels and a platform for herrah to lay on. Nonetheless we were still stopped and the guards looked at us for a minute, probably weirded out by us.

"Aren't you two a bit young to be visiting here? Herrah isn't here anyways, she is out on official business and won't return for quite some time. Now head off back to wherever you came from before you two start causing trouble."

With that they rudely dismissed us, not like there would be anything to do in there if what they were saying was true. Climbing over to the stag station again I rung the bell pointed to the map and started heading back to the city of tears. I was mostly zoned out on the way back to quirrel's apartment but I was snapped back into reality when quirrel started lecturing us about going off places.

"DO NOT GO OFF AND DO THAT AGAIN. That was extremely reckless and a bad idea, do you have any idea what could've happened?"

He sighed and pinched the gap between his eyes before continuing

"Who am I kidding of course you don't. I need to explain these things to you it's my fault you two left the apartment, I will have to explain the rules and etiquettes of hallownest to you both."

Oh god damn it am I really gonna have to do some sort of school shit.

(A/N HELLO READERS I'm sorry for the infrequent updates and the long wait but I was serious about those end of the year tests. They're almost over so you might be able to expect more frequent updates in the future but I'm not quite sure so don't hold me to that. Although I can promise a HUGE uptick in uploads when summer starts for me in three weeks as I'll have all the time in the world to write my dumb little ass off, I might even start a new branch off  fic of this but if said self insert was transferred into hollow knight as a human inspired by that one fic on ao3 with the storyteller. And I might write about other fandoms as well including the object show ONE as season two is starting, maybe even an independent original story I've been working on for 5 years Have a good day y'all and remember to drink water!)