The Plan

it was just an average day at school, Rias and her group were in class, keeping their cover as normal kids living everyday life. Vicer was also at the school, however, he spent his time in Sona's office, relaxing with the Sitri and her Queen, he was given a new set of school clothes and some magic to alter his face to try and hide the fact he was undead. Currently, Vicer was watching Sona and Tsubaki play chess

Sona: "So Vicer, do you plan to watch the rating game?" 

"I would but I have to talk to a dusty old crow and a maid, not in that order" 

Sona: "a maid and a crow...could you mean Grayfia and one of the Grigori?"

"correct on both, I already know how the rating game will end, Riser being victorious and the weeding starting shortly after" 

Sona: "oh? are you certain Rias isn't strong enough to beat Riser?" 

"you have me wrong Sona, Rias is more than capable of winning, but it's gonna come down to Issei, she cares too much about her pawn to simply let him get hurt, she will forfeit the match if he gets to hurt" 

Tsubaki: "huh, you never took me for someone who paid that much attention to someone, especially since you and her did get off on the wrong foot" 

Vicer chuckled at this remark, it was somewhat true, Vicer and Rias did start off on the wrong foot but he's slowly getting used to the new generation of devils

"It's in the name, being called Watcher is not only because of my position as an Abyss Watcher but it's also for Watching from the sideline" 

Tsubaki: "I see, is that one of the reasons why you didn't interfere when Issei attacked the Church?" 

"even if I wished to, I simply could not as it wasn't my place to interfere, that was his goal, however, the same could not be told about the situation with Riser, I helped them train and gave wisdom, soon I will act" 

Sona: "speaking of the Watchers, do you have any plans to restart your order now that you walk the lands again?"

"no, that burden would be too big to handle, I could never live up to my Master's expectations, he is the only one I know who has the strength and willpower to lead us" 

Sona and Tsubaki had stopped playing chess to engage with Vicer fully, not to seem rude 

Sona: "you had a Master? forgive me but I did not know your order that well, so could you please explain that to me?"

"ah right, you're the new generation of devils, my apologies, allow me to explain. Our Order had quite a normal setup by human standards, you see we had one Leader, and with him came a small group called the Keepers of Fire,  or FireKeeper for short.  Our Leader was a great man, his name was Artorias the Abyss Walker, the first person to walk into the Abyss and come back alive and unscathed, he had found and trained a white Wolf to wield a sword, this Wolf was named Sif and he was an excellent sword fighter, just like his master. When I first joined the Order, Artorias took me under his wing personally, always telling me that I could suppress him one day, I never really believed it though, he just seemed leagues ahead of me. Then you have The Keepers were like servants in a way, tending to our needs and Injuries, my Master always talked about how they serve something known as The Lord Of Cinder and how one of us would one day be selected to undertake a ritual of some kind, but that never happened. so are You two understanding this?"

Sona: "your Menot sounded like a great man, but if you don't mind me asking, do you remember anything else about this Ritual?" 

"hmm...I believe it had to do something with a flame but besides that, I can't remember"