Chapter 3

Ashley's PV

I don't remember much about how I got home, I just remember leaving the Miller's house past midnight. It is 6 am and a text from Ryan has woken me up.

I read the text, "Hey babe, I was wondering if you would want to go out? Maybe go horse back riding?"

"Sounds great babe! What time?" I replied.

He replied minutes later, "12 sound good?"

"Yeah, perfect!" I replied immediately.

This is what I loved so much about Ryan. He didn't do the regular boring couple things like going to the movies, instead he would choose something like horseback riding. Not that there is something wrong with the movies, it just gets boring sometimes. After staring at my bedroom ceiling for a few minutes I decided to get a couple more hours of sleep. Unfortunately, once I wake up there is no way I will be going to back to sleep. Instead I decide to take a quick shower and get all the makeup off of my face. I decided to keep the curly hair for one more day since it took forever to curl it in the first place. I put my blue jeans on and a cotton floral t-shirt I had gotten from old navy and walked over to the cabinet and pulled out my mascara and baby lips. I put some mascara on and some baby lips and walked out of my room. Louis followed me to the kitchen because it was time for me to feed her. As I was placing Louis' plate on the ground I heard my mother walk in. I sat down at the kitchen island and watched her as she prepared her morning dose of caffeine.

"So, you and Luke seemed to like each other." she said as she turned to face me.

"Yeah, he's a really smart and funny guy." I smiled.

"Did you get his number?" she asked while smirking

"Mom!' I exclaimed, "If you must know I gave him my number."

"OHHHH!" she exclaimed while doing a little victory dance.

"Mom, please you know I love Ryan." I said with a pause, "Who by the way is going to be picking me up in a few hours."

"Okay," she said "What ever you sayyy."

I rolled my eyes and made my to the living room to turn on the television but decided to see what was happening on social media instead. The first thing I noticed was that Luke had followed me on Instagram and I instantly followed him back. There was nothing that really interested me, most of the people I followed were quote accounts. I was about to log out when my feed refreshed and I saw a post of Ryan and I holding hands posted by my best friend Kate. Just as I was about to like the post a comment appeared. 

"I don't understand what he sees in this weirdo, she doesn't deserve him at all. He should be with someone like me." said the worst person in the world, Katherine.

I had known Katherine since kindergarten and we were really good friends in elementary and middle school but when we started attending Crescenta Valley we drifted apart. Katherine was the kind of friend who would do everything you did. In fact, if I were to get hit by a car and was hospitalized she would stand in the middle of the street and wait for a car to hit her. Anyway I made new friends in high school and so did she and then she randomly started to hate me. Of course her cliche did too and they would never leave me alone. All you would hear them talk about was me. I am not the perfect girl you would see in a tumblr post. I am not skinny, my hair is not beach blonde and it does not reach my hips and they made it their mission to tell me how imperfect I am every single day. Ryan on the other hand was perfect in every way possible. I heard a knock at the door and snapped me out of my thoughts. It was Ryan, he would never just honk. I went downstairs and hugged him. He briefly greeted my mother and walked outside to his car while holding my hand. Ryan being Ryan could sense that something was wrong but he didn't say anything to me until we got inside his car.