Chapter 1

Cara

Everything happens for a reason,I tell myself this everyday,it's like a special mantra that I use to keep myself going.
Some reasons are not always good but you just have to keep moving forward.
My mother abandoned my father and I when I was just a little girl,she preferred exploring the world with her new husband to staying with us.
I'm the daughter of Joseph perkins,one of the most wanted men in california,why, because my father is always in some sort of trouble with the wrong people.
I always thought that one day I'll have to pay for his mistakes, no one told me that time is near.
I'm in university, studying law because it's something that many people need to understand, it's something I'm very passionate about.

I woke up around 05 in the morning because I have chores to do and school to get to.
After 2hrs of cleaning and making breakfast for my always drunk father,I got went upstairs to bath and prepare myself for school.
After struggling with what to wear I decided to wear a black dress that'd fit well I guess and hey it's Friday maybe someone would ask me out who knows,the thing is everyone knows my father so it's hard because some people just see poverty and trouble I'm me.

Outfit

By the time I was done,it's was almost 08:10 and I had to rush so that I should not be late and find alot of people to talk to me

I bet you're wondering why an 18 year old female would not want people to talk to her well let's just keep this on for later.

University

As soon as stepped my foot on campus ground,all I can hear is people gossiping bout my father and I which was not that strange but today it was because I didn't know what he did because he never came home last night.
After taking long breaths I started walking to my first class.

"Yohh cara,is it true?",Tray asked making me more nervous because he has never directly talked to me before like ever.

"I don't know what you're talking about Tray",I answered him truthfully.

"Here *handing me his iphone 12 pro and I couldn't believe it, my father wronged some powerful people,some of the most feared people out here*so you're as good as a street kid now cara Tasha perkins", getting his phone back he walked away laughing at my state.

Honestly speaking I couldn't concentrate at all because I feared for my father's life, those people had power they owned the government and alot of law enforcement systems so what is Joseph perkins to them? nothing completely nothing and they'll kill the only parent who cared for me in his own way I guess.

Joseph perkins pov

I was back home with a bag headache because I just fucked with Mr Romano and he's personally coming for me.
The thing with that man is that he will kill me and not give a damn for cara,shit cara my baby is gonna be so crushed. I have failed my little princess real bad fuckkk.