Forbidden Pastime

Just want to say sorry for the wait! HAHAHA!

~~~MAI~~~

"You don't see any spirits here?! What do you mean, Masako-chan?" Mai gaped, staring at the only psychic medium present. 'A psychic medium who don't see any spirits in a place filled with paranormal activity? How is that possible— is that even possible?!'

And apparently it is possible, as Masako lifts her sleeve. Probably a bit embarrassed at her failed performance. "It's not that I don't see any spirits at all —I do feel their presence." Masako says.

"But Akemi-sempai said she actually sees the spirits..." Mai pouts under her breath, side glancing the medium whose eyebrows twitched at the mention of the absent beauty.

The heiress was out to rest the moment John called that they were on the way. So Akemi must be out somewhere on a nearby hotel, sleeping in. 'Masako is the only one with the ability to see spirits with Akemi-sempai gone... so that means...'

"We're in trouble." Bou-san speaks out, standing on the corner of the room with his own troubled expression. Lifting his head only to ask a question directed to Naru. "Maybe we should call Akemi back here— What do you think, Naru-kun?"

Bou-san kept his gaze towards Naru, who ignored his question and kept his thoughts to himself. Bou-san felt a tear of sweat drip down his head at the sight of Naru's action.

"Ah, well maybe she's not at her best right now?" John speaks up in hopes to lighten up the mood, his question unknown unto who it pertains— but beside the young Catholic Christian Masako lets out a huff, ignoring Mai's pity glances.

"But you can feel if they exist here?" Their gazes moved towards Naru, whose voice was finally used after a while of silence from him.

"Yes," the medium nods, her gaze moving around the area as though the spirits would show itself to her if she were to look. "-I know that there are many spirits and I know where they are but I don't know what types of spirits are here. Usually I can see spirits more clearly but it's a similar feeling to when you're watching TV with bad reception, if you know what I mean..." Masako frowns at the show of an obstacle, not quite used to not seeing any spirits when she could actually feel their presence. It was uncomfortable to say the least.

Masako may be a psychic medium; quite adept with her skills but she knows her own strengths and weaknesses. Her type of psychic ability leans more towards Empathic Psychic, being able to see spirits with strong emotion— most she has encountered either held strong grudges or feelings that the dead have left behind in the living world. If the spirit were to float around without any emotion to ground itself or isn't flying around due to a grudge then it all comes off as a feeling for Masako. The psychic medium has never been good at communicating with spirits that float around,