The Contract That Binds

I wore a white french retro square neck puff sleeve and put my hair on a one sided hollywood curls. Manipis na make up lang ang iginawad sakin at nilagyan ng matingkad na pulang lipstick sa labi.

"Lana hija you look so beautiful!" Puri ni mama.

"Thank you mama. Si kuya?" Tanong ko dito

"Maaga siya nagpunta ng hacienda. At dala niya ang kotse. Valerie wants your kuya to see her coming down the stairs before taking her to your ball! " napahalukipkip ako. Mom is always thrilled with the fact that Valerie and kuya Liam has a future together.

"Don't worry ihahatid ka ni papa mo" Salo naman ni papa agad ng mapansin ang maasim kong mukha

"Hay naku Rico. Ewan ko ba sayo and you are ruining Solana's night. She could be a princess coming down to an audi from Calix' car!" Si mama. Napailing naman si papa.

Mom is fond with the idea that one of us or both of us will marry a Vicensio. She adore them so much that she takes care of her name and honor just for them.

"Pagpasensyahan mo na ang mama mo anak. Women have the notion before that you have to marry a Vicensio for a better outcome in life." Si papa habang nag mamaneho.

"But she chose a husband well. You didn't give her a bad life" my dad smiled at me. Hindi kami mayaman kagaya ng mga Vicensio.. we can't afford sports car but we live a comfortable life thanks to dad.

"Apparently. But not really what she dreamt of" his eyes are in the road at hindi ako nito nililingon.

"Well for me, you are more than enough dad" my dad's lips curved.

"Thank you anak" I smiled at him.

I waved my dad goodbye when he dropped me off to our school's gymnasium.

"Solana!" Lumingon ako sa tumawag and it was Megan waving at me. She is wearing a retro short sleeve printed dress with her sleek high ponytail

"You look great!" Puri ko and she smiled sweetly

"You too. Tara puntahan natin mga iba natin kaklase" paanyaya niya.

We went to our table where some of our classmates are at ilang minuto lang ay nagsimula na ang programa. They presented the winners of Mr. and Ms. Foundation day at pagkatapos magsalita ng principal at ilang officers ng eskwela ay  nagsimula na ang sayawan.

I have seen Valerie wearing a deep V black silk dress and a victory rolls on her hair. As usual ay nakapulupot nanaman ito sa aking kapatid. I grimaced when I saw them.

"You don't need to be so envious you know" muntik nako mapatalon sa gulat sa nagsalita.

"Calix!" Tinampal ko ito at humalakhak naman ito.

"Bakit ka nandito? Graduate kana ah" and he winked at me. Ramdam ko ang pag angat ng tingin ng mga taong nagmamasid samin habang nag uusap. I can't help but to be a little conscious.

"Come let's dance" hindi nako nakatanggi ng higitin niya ang kamay ko and he put it on his shoulders and his hand around my waist.

"You look even more radiant tonight.. pinuntahan kita sa bahay niyo but your mom said nandito ka na daw" his eyes is not leaving mine.

I saw a glimpse of my brother looking directly at us and I can sense that he as well is not happy with what he is seeing.

I blushed even more when I noticed more people are staring at us. God, I feel like i'm living inside a fish bowl.

A gentle knock interrupts me from my memory lane.. Binuksan ko naman ito and I found Sancho with an envelope. After shave suits Sancho. His aura now is looking more fresh at lalong lumitaw ang pagiging mestiso nito.