Chapter 27

I closed the Physics book as I completed the 4th chapter, being 4 times ahead of college. As soon as I closed the book, my phone buzzed with a notification. I looked at it and my lips automatically curved into a smile. It was a voicemail from Jai.

Jaijeet: Hey bro!! I just realised that everyone from our gang are here! So we are planning a reunion. No I am not asking for your opinion, I am ordering you to be at "our spot" by 6 pm! Don't be late. And I was about to call you but true caller said your phone was on silent so I thought to leave this voicemail. Reply once you hear this.

Siddharth: Okay, I'll be there on time.

I clicked send and looked at the time. It was 5:16 pm, I have enough time. I scrolled through Instagram and once I was bored, I carelessly tossed my phone on the bed and took out a black shirt and jeans from the cupboard. 

It's my second last day in here, so I'm trying my best to give as much as possible time to my family. Di and dada visited us thrice since I am here. It's fun to have them around.

I combed my hair and walked out of my room while I wore my watch.

Siddharth: Maa, I am going to Jai's.

I heard a faint "okay" and just then I heard my phone ring.

Siddharth: I'll be there in 5.

I spoke to Jai and hanged up the call. I pushed the phone into my pocket and started my bike. "Our spot" is a small piece of land in our area which was discovered by us. It is neither too big, nor too small. It was hardly a 5 minute ride cause I reached in less than 3 minutes. I parked my bike along with other bikes and scootys and walked towards the spot. 

Every time I came here, it was just a ground where we all used to play some or the other game, but this time, there was a tent and it was decorated with fairy lights. 

Before I could look at even one of them, I was engulfed into a bone crushing hug by I don't know whom. Then I fell on my back with something heavy crushing my body. It was the boys, laughing like crazy. The girls at a distance were laughing their hearts out as they saw us.

Anushka: I feel pity for Siddharth.

She said between her laugh, the other girls nodded in agreement saying "Me too".

Siddharth: Bro get up else I would die at a really young age.

Bhavesh: I can't believe it's been 2 years we had hangout together!. 

He said as he gripped my palm. He was the last one to get up.

Jannat: Damn! I missed you all so much yaar!

Ashnoor: Chal jhoothi!

She joked as I side hugged her.

Jannat: Come on yaar.

Faisal: Hey guys!

We all turned and now it was his turn to kiss the ground.

Avneet: God, you all are crazy! Saare ke saare pagal ho!

Jaijeet: And this "we" includes you too buddy.

Avneet: And that's because of you buddy!

Sumedh: So, how are you all feeling, coming back after a decade?

He said as we all crashed ourselves on the soft bed made with bed sheets and pillows inside the tent. As much as I know, more than half of us went out of town for studies. After our pre boards, we promised to stay in touch. And we did too. 

We used to have late night group chats, we used to have group calls but eventually it all faded with time. Long chats became short. Instant replies became late. Late night conversations changed to sharing memes and reacting on them. "Mentioned you in their story" changed to "Liked your story". "How was you day?" decreased to "Happy birthday!". In short, everything changed. 

But I am glad we never lost touch, but who knows about the future? I brushed off these thoughts and decided not to be sad now. As I came out of my thoughts, my eyes locked with hers. 

I couldn't help but stare at her. She looked pretty. She wore a white crop top and jeans. Her hair was left open. I don't know that for how long I stared at those chocolaty brown eyes, she blinked and I was back to earth. 

I found that Faisal's arm was wrapped around my neck and Bhavesh was lying beside me with my shoulder supporting him. I shrugged off my thoughts so that I could behave normally. The evening was great, we spent most of our time refreshing our school memories, we had a few rounds of never have I ever, a few more games, we joked around and clicked lots of pictures...... and promised to say in touch..... again.

I reached home at around half past ten. I tossed my bike key on the table. I yelled a "I am home" and went towards my rooming while humming songs.

"Oh really? Which college she will be going to in there?"

I heard my dad say, who is he talking to? Is he talking on call or do we have a guest? That too at this time? His words stopped me on my track. I turned around and found a pair of shoes which didn't belong to our family.

"I don't clearly remember the name as it was my brother in law who arranged everything."

"That's great! When is her flight?"

"2 days after tomorrow."

The voice was somewhat familiar, wait, it's Avneet's dad's. I guess I was way too late to know the name of the place. Never mind.

To be continued...

Stay tuned for the next chapter.