Chapter 26.5: Four Words To Forever

Theresia's POV

"You're right on time, mahal! Tapos na zoom mo?" I asked her as she took a drink and sat beside me closely.

"Nope. Not yet," she shook her head.

"Okay lang yun. I don't want to miss out tonight's moment." she smiled at me then to everyone else there.

"Uhmm.. Ate, have you ever had a dark or just gloomy past?" Pia asked Leonor and I was about to hit her. Leonor doesn't know that we talked about her earlier. Obviously, hindi pa kami nakaka-move on sa kwento.

"I think everyone does, Pia. Pero past is past. Focus na lang tayo sa present and future." she managed to smile.

The reason she said that is to avoid talking about her past, which we just did a few minutes ago. Feeling ko kasi she's not open to it. Ayaw niyang ipaalam ang mga pinagdaanan niya.

Leila raised her eyebrows after hearing her bestfriend's response. Leonor sighed deeply and she drank the wine she held. I looked at her and it seems like she was having flashbacks.

"You really love Ana, 'no?" Grace started speaking to break the dead air.

"True." the woman beside me responded.

"She is all that I could ask for. Just when I thought love was dumb and is just nonsense, she then proved to me that love really is the strongest force that existed." she said and I watched her carefully as she spoke.

Her eyes reflected the dim lights around us. Her lips were plump. She's looking gorgeous but I can tell her thoughts are deep already.

"This day is very sentimental for me. Kahit hindi ko birthday, feel ko ang saya-saya ko." everyone chuckled.

"It's the day my compass was born. Kung hindi siguro dumating yung araw na yun, walang Ana Theresia, wala na ring direksyon buhay ko."

"Siya direksyon ng buhay mo?" Loren asked.

"Naman." Leonor answered with no hesitations.

Ngayon, it's like they're talking as if I wasn't there which makes it more meaningful kasi they're the most important people in my life now. I listen carefully to all the words she'd say.

"Ako, when I first met her, akala ko kape lang interesting sa kanya. When I got to know her more, she was admirable and different than anyone else. Kumbaga, she became my comfort person kahit hindi pa kami close before."

She drank wine again, "If I could go back to the moment I first set eyes on Theresia, I'd gladly do it all over again; it was also the first time I felt something I swore to myself that I shouldn't." she said looking at me. Pia patted my back. She knows I'm about to explode. At the same time, I held Leonor's hand.

"She'll always be the person I'd do anything for. She brings out the best in me and the side of me that I didn't know I had. So, if there's anything good that has happened in my life, that'd be Theresia."

"Isipin mo, meron pa palang magmamahal sa akin because of myself. Hindi dahil sa pera o sa mga pag-aari ko."

"I used to say na love is just pain. Masasaktan ka lang. Yun pala, love is just love itself. You just have to find that person who'd make you feel the best of it."

"It's hard to believe something that you haven't seen, heard, or felt. You'll only realize its impact kapag na-discover mo na siya personally. Once na-discover mo na, dun na papasok yung feeling that you don't want to lose that ever again."