Chapter 6

Y/N POV
I'm sitting on a hospital waiting room floor with my head on my knees and crying. When I went home after the reunion I found Sonia unconscious on the floor of her room with blood flowing slowly from her back. My mother called Moon for me so him and Sun should be on their way soon.

???: Is there a Y/N here?

Y/N: That's me...

Dr. Rasha: I'm Doctor Rasha. You must be Sonia's care taker correct?

Y/N: I am, as of right now I'm trying to adopt her

Dr. Rasha: I see. Well I came to tell you that she is okay and alive. We had to perform surgery and found out why she was bleeding. It seems that she was attacked by an animal of some sort. She had deep claw marks and they went so deep they ruptured one of her kidneys, we had to remove it.

Y/N: Do you know what kind of animal it could've been!? I don't own any animals

Dr. Rasha: I'm afraid not, but if you do not own any animals then someone must've broken in and set one loose. But I'm also here to tell you that you may go visit her now, she won't be awake until tomorrow though.

Y/N: Thank you doctor

The doctor gave me directions to Sonia's room, I thanked her and she left. Not long after she left Moon and Sun walked in and ran over to me.

Sun: Y/N what happened to her!?

Moon: I convinced Vanessa to let us leave early. But can you please tell us what happened?

Y/N: I don't know. The doctor said she was attacked by an animal and she needed to have a kidney removed. I don't own any animals. But when I came home from the reunion I found Sonia lying on the floor unconscious while bleeding from her back. She's okay now though, let's go to her

The two followed me as I made my way to Sonia's room. It broke my heart to see her lying in a hospital bed with an IV hooked up to her. I started crying again when I sat on my knees next to her. How could I let this happen to someone I love? Who would want to do this to such a sweet littl girl? How could whoever did this even get in my house?

Sun: Y/N who could have gotten into your house while you were gone?

Y/N: That's just it, I don't know. I even made sure the deadbolt was locked and that takes a seperate key to unlock it. My own parents don't even have a key to my house, so why would I trust anyone else in my family...

Moon POV
I looked at Y/N and I could tell she regretted leaving her house. Without her noticing I slipped out of the room and sat on the floor. Seeing her like that made me want to kill whoever did it. After I calmed down I quietly came back into the room and hugged Y/N. Immediately she gripped the back of my shirt and started crying again. All I could do was hold her and look at Sun. He didn't have to say it, I could tell he felt the same way I did about the person who hurt Sonia.

Moon: Y/N, it's getting late. Do you want a ride home?

Y/N: I-I'd like to stay here with Sonia...

Sun: This hospital doesn't allow overnight visits on Fridays and Saturdays. You can get a ride home from either Moon or myself.

Y/N: How do you know I didn't bring my truck?

Sun: It wasn't in the parking lot. Not a lot of vehicles were there when we arrived.

Dr. Rasha: Hello Y/N, I'm sorry to say but you do have to go home for the night. We open again at 9 am tomorrow morning. You're more than welcome to come back and spend the day here with Sonia

Y/N: Thank you Doctor...

Sun: Well? Who are you taking a ride from?

Y/N: I'll go with Moon I guess...

Sun: Alright. Well I'll see you guys when we go back to work next week

Moon: See ya later Sun. Let's go Y/N, you need to get home and try to get some sleep

I stood by the door and waited for Y/N to follow me but she only stared at Sonia. Instead of calling for her again I walked over and picked her up. Surprisingly she didn't put up a fight and just stayed still in my arms. When we got out to my car I had to set her down to open the door. She got in and sat down bringing her knees up to her chest. I felt sorry for her but stayed silent, after all she almost lost someone she cares deeply about. When I got in the car and turned the key I noticed Y/N was looking at me.

Moon: What is it?

Y/N: Why? Why are you being so nice to me?

Moon: What do you mean?

Y/N: I noticed that when I started working at the Daycare you put up a cold front. Like you didn't want to talk to anyone. You even got upset when the kids looked at you during my performance. What made you change?

I stayed quiet for a bit and started pulling out of the parking lot to take her home. How could I tell her that she was the reason? What would be the best way to explain that I feel different when she's around? I haven't even talked to Sun about my feelings yet, so how on Earth would I be able to tell Y/N?

Y/N: Moon?

Moon: Sorry... Um... Well Vanessa talked to me about it after your first day. She told me it was really a problem and that if I didn't change my attitude she'd have my fired. So I just figured the easiest way to fix it was to start by being friends with you...

Y/N: Really? I mean I guess that makes sense. That seems like something Vanessa would say to someone. I mean I got to hear her cuss Monty out which was hilarious

Y/N laughed a little and it made me happy to see her smile again. She wasn't thinking about Sonia or who could've done it, she was being her normal happy self. We talked while she gave me the directions to get to her house. When we arrived I paused.

Moon: This place looks familiar

Y/N: How so?

Moon: I don't know. Maybe it's the shadows from the roofs but this looks like a place I went to in my childhood

Y/N: Oh. Well this neighborhood is really close to the Pizza Plex

Moon: Maybe that's what I'm thinking

Y/N: Maybe. Well thanks for the ride Moon

Moon: No problem. But do you have my number in your phone?

Y/N: Yes I do. Why?

Moon: Just wanted to make sure. Call or text me if you need anything. I mean it

Y/N: Thanks Moon. Goodnight

Moon: Night Y/N

After she closed the door I put my car in drive and started heading home. My face felt sort of warm so when I pulled up to a red light I looked at myself in the mirror. It wasn't super visible but I was slightly blushing. I kind of knew what feelings I had for Y/N but I didn't want to jump to conclusions. For now I would keep it to myself until she either figured it out or I tell her myself...

~~~~~~
HELLO! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT YOU GUYS HAVE GIVEN ME ON THIS STORY😭😭😭 IT MEANS SO MUCH TO ME! I never would have thought that anyone would like this story. Maybe in a chapter or two we'll see if Moon can get the courage to talk to someone about his feelings.👀 Anyways, have a great morning/afternoon/evening/night!❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍