Chapter 5

Addison was wandering down the halls after leaving Meredith to catch up with her friends. She hadn't expected to take much liking to her friends after their first encounter but Cristina and Alex had changed her mind. It made her wonder if they knew Meredith any better than Derek did as from how it looked he knew almost nothing. She knew she couldn't say too much as she had no idea who the new Meredith was by now her favourite food had probably changed along with her favourite colour. Addison wanted to know these things but there was a part of her that was scared to hear the ugly truth that the new Meredith didn't need Addison.

Addison had been so deep in thought that she hasn't noticed the man standing in front of her. She looked up startled by the sudden presence, hoping her thoughts hadn't been aloud. The shock quickly toned down to a smile when she noticed it was Richard. Richard and Addison didn't have too much history in all honestly they barely knew one another. Addison had only heard of him from Meredith when she had suspected that her mother was dating him but that was soon proven wrong. Apart from that he was just know as Ellis's friend and a man that Meredith looked up to and that's all she ever really found out.

On the other hand Richard knew more about Addison that she would ever knew. Him and Meredith has created a father daughter relationship over the years especially after he began working with Ellis. Meredith had gone to him about most of her problems. She would sit beside him on the small couch in his office and tell him everything that's bothering her; most commonly it was her mom or school but sometimes Addison would get slipped into the conversation. Richard was the first person Meredith had actually came out to everyone else she either hasn't told or they had figured it out (Bizzy and her mother).

...

18 year old Meredith came into her Mothers best friends office at work without even a knock; he had always told her she was welcome anytime so she took that literally. When she walked in Richards head was resting in his hands whilst he was taking a nap he never meant to take. When she saw how peacefully he was sleeping she became wary of waking him up knowing his probably been working for far too many hours in a row. She considered leaving him be, go see if she could sneak into a OR gallery for a while then try again maybe even speak to her mother if she wasn't in Chief Grey mode.

In the time she stood in the middle of his office talking away to herself about leaving him be, Richard had woke up feeling someone's presence in the room. He had looked up to see Meredith quietly whispering to herself hand actions to match. He couldn't help but chuckle to himself at the sight of the girl.

"Meredith are you ok?" Richard had asked totally startling Meredith. Her hand clutched over her chest as her heart pounder out of her chest, her cheeks blushed with embarrassment.

"Yeah, I just wanted to talk to you - but I can come back" she was slightly out of breath from the scare. She began to pick at the edges of her fingers all of a sudden nervous about speaking to him.

"Nonsense go sit down" he gestured to the couch which Meredith often came to when she was hiding from something. She nodded her head moving to take a seat, the nerves didn't stop her heart from pounding and she felt like she could throw up any second.

"What did you want to talk about?" He sat down bedside her, he moved his legs slightly so he could be facing her.

"I need to tell you something something that I haven't told anyone" Meredith emphasised the last part making it clear he was the first to know. A slight sheet of worry came over Richard there was so many possible things he could be telling her. His first thought was that she was pregnant but that moved aside when he remembered how she acted with Addison.